Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
06-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Yes sure Nerf Tactical Team alright. Like it doesnt already do *beep* nothing more then some extra shield distribution and superB damage buff!!! Yeey!

Now on to the SubNuc, lets Buff that one!
haha I know right? It's really only slightly more effective than distributing your shields. I never had any problem with it, even when cruisers use it.

Subnuc on the other hand..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
07-02-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm a Torp guy, and I see no problem with Tac Team.

I can keep up with a ship that uses tac team, and my Vorcha doesn't even use it. It's just a matter of figuring out how to properly pulse your shield distribution.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
07-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Honestly this is one of the worst changes to STO.

Sorry but those auguring that there is nothing wrong with the current Tactical team,are flat out wrong and have little idea about how top end premade PVP works, pretty much like the devs that changed this skill.

You think its made escorts even more tanky, well correct but its a catch 22, because its made cruisers and science ships just as tanky if they use this power or have it thrown on them by someone else.

In a team premade environment it doesn't matter if a escort has more tactical slots for tac team or whatever that fact is that this can be passed from player to player with ease , pretty much like a mobile RSP without the shield heal, it increases the targets survivability 4x fold and made healing even more powerful due to the delay given to the target to allow for additional heals and slowed the game down drastically.

Before you could come up behind or the flank of an escort and blast him on the side or rear and make him break of his attack and change position or die
Now he just casts Tactical team and ignores you while he waits for heals.

Before you could nuke a cruiser or sci ship with a well timed strike after they used rsp,
Now they just casts or call for Tactical Team and immune to your attack.

Also
Lets me give an example scenario.
Wounded Target is getting stacked with heals and resists , a snb is called for on the target getting fired upon to rip of his resists and heals, to make the kill.

In the split second the target is snb, say hypothetically there are only 2 options.
a) throw a sci team
b) throw a tac team

With option a) players timers are restored as are some shields, however the shield facing being focus fired on will still collapse due to no resists.

With option b) players shield still has no resists however the shield being fired on has the additional capacity of all the players remaining shield facings to be reinforced giving the snb'd target greater few seconds on survivability before additional heals and resists can be thrown on the target.

So thats right I said it, tac team is far greater counter to snb than sci team, in a 5v5 scenario as it buys the target more time than sci team for additional heals to me made.

Not only that lets take a look at its other major problem shall we......

1. No skill point specing required, thats right people you don't have to spend a single skill point in anything and its epic.

2. No difference in shield redistribution per level of TT .

Sorry but the current form of tactical team is just bad, the game play before the change was far far better imho. It feels like now we are back to 15 second RSPs again with this skill that being used by a team with a decent healer that knows what they are doing.

You want to fix Tactical team, here is how its done.

Switch the damage buff and shield redistribution times, SO damage buffs lasts for 10 sects, shield redistribution lasts 5 seconds. Then Make level 1 shield redistribution only slightly better than standard shield reinforce key, level 2 tactical team twice as good as that and level 3 tactical team should be as how the current level 1 tactical team operates atm.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
07-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Quote:
1. No skill point specing required, thats right people you don't have to spend a single skill point in anything and its epic.

2. No difference in shield redistribution per level of TT .
This is the thing that needs adressing, definitely.

Quote:
Switch the damage buff and shield redistribution times, SO damage buffs lasts for 10 sects, shield redistribution lasts 5 seconds. Then Make level 1 shield redistribution only slightly better than standard shield reinforce key, level 2 tactical team twice as good as that and level 3 tactical team should be as how the current level 1 tactical team operates atm.
I think the 10 second duration for both is fine. And I think it should also apply to ET and ST skill buff durations.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
07-04-2011, 05:57 AM
While I respect everyone's opinion thus far, I really don't have an issue with the current tactical team other than putting points into the skill has no affect on the ability at all. Perhaps they should make it so that putting no points into it yields crap compared to once it has max SP invested into it. This forces those that want to use it to spec into it or suffer a much weaker version of the ability. As for the small difference between the three levels of TT being an incentive not to use a higher version of it, tell me, how many PvPers use higher ranks on sci and eng team other than a healer maybe packing an ET3? Hell, I'm not a healer but I think ET3 is a lot less popular than it once was. Also, using TT on a sci or cruiser means the captain can't use another team ability for a short time, a great time for a team mate to SNB the target. IMO, though, there are far more things that require immediate attention concerning balance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
07-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
This is the thing that needs adressing, definitely.


I think the 10 second duration for both is fine. And I think it should also apply to ET and ST skill buff durations.
Sorry but your wrong there , having cleaning skills with a 30 second recharge and 10 second duration would be completely retarded. You get multiple copies going between players and you have pretty much removed the need to even bother using debuffs. You've got immunity every 20 of 30 seconds, with two copies.

Now considering the recharge on times on debuffs like fomm, sensor scan, viral matrix, APB, BTX etc you would pretty much remove skills like that from being effective.

Tac team already pretty much nerfed tacs fomm, and escorts that use any tatical debuff like APB , due to constantly clearing these off.

The 10 second shield redistribution is lame anyway, healing is already powerful enough it didn't need this to go with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
07-04-2011, 06:10 AM
There should always be a requirement to spend at least some points in order to get the desired effect from a skill. There should also be a significant difference in the effect according to the tier of the skill you are using. Ten seconds really is just too long for the resistance and shield distribution. I would be interested in seeing the small stat boosts that each team provides being active for a longer period of time though. If people had the option to use things like Eng Team as a buff to their Eng abilities it might leave one less Eng Team floating around to catch a spike. So basically that would provide for more strategic options. However, the long resistance is just going to hurt.

If Science Team provided a removal and 10 second resistance to SNB, like Tactical Team does for FOMM, the game would be over.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
07-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
There should always be a requirement to spend at least some points in order to get the desired effect from a skill. There should also be a significant difference in the effect according to the tier of the skill you are using. Ten seconds really is just too long for the resistance and shield distribution. I would be interested in seeing the small stat boosts that each team provides being active for a longer period of time though. If people had the option to use things like Eng Team as a buff to their Eng abilities it might leave one less Eng Team floating around to catch a spike. So basically that would provide for more strategic options. However, the long resistance is just going to hurt.

If Science Team provided a removal and 10 second resistance to SNB, like Tactical Team does for FOMM, the game would be over.
Wholeheartedly agree.

You literally have no reason to spend any points in TacTeam leader, let alone use TT 2 or 3.

If an Escort could use CPB 1 or EngTeam 1 with the same effectiveness as CPB 3/EngTeam 3, everyone would bring forums down with thread after thread of how that's broken. But with TacTeam, it's ok.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
07-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipermist
Sorry but your wrong there , having cleaning skills with a 30 second recharge and 10 second duration would be completely retarded. You get multiple copies going between players and you have pretty much removed the need to even bother using debuffs. You've got immunity every 20 of 30 seconds, with two copies.

Now considering the recharge on times on debuffs like fomm, sensor scan, viral matrix, APB, BTX etc you would pretty much remove skills like that from being effective.

Tac team already pretty much nerfed tacs fomm, and escorts that use any tatical debuff like APB , due to constantly clearing these off.

The 10 second shield redistribution is lame anyway, healing is already powerful enough it didn't need this to go with it.
The clearance part of Engineering Team or Science Team doesn't seem to be based on the duration. If it would, I agree with your concern.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
07-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The clearance part of Engineering Team or Science Team doesn't seem to be based on the duration. If it would, I agree with your concern.
ST clears scrambles over the duration, as for ET im pretty sure it clears VM when its active, not 100% sure though
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:34 PM.