Lt. Commander
# 1 Efficient Saurians
05-26-2011, 12:41 AM
I know what the exchange prices are - people can post whatever price they want I wouldn't call it "market value" if no one is buying them =)
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Sold one for 25mills 2 days ago.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Eng > 25m (most people just need one Eng and the C-Store Borg fits the role)
Sci > 35m
Tac > 38m
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Do people really thing the 1-2 power points they gain with that, is really that noticeable ? Anyone of you did ever wonder that the efficiency trait may move to the new passives from duty officer system and hence be much more accessible ? :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Do people really thing the 1-2 power points they gain with that, is really that noticeable ? Anyone of you did ever wonder that the efficiency trait may move to the new passives from duty officer system and hence be much more accessible ? :p
Efficient won't be available as the new passives. Heretic confirmed somewhere in the pages, and I'm paraphrasing, while the new duty officer passives will contribute to your current skills, you cannot give your Boff a trait/skill that wasn't available to them before.

What this means, and again it was discussed in the Duty Officer thread, only uncommon Saurians will continue to have a chance about coming with efficient, as they are the only ones who can. (early in beta, and the 1st few weeks of the game, there were some people who 'claim' that some Alien boffs come with it.)

Now there are other threads where people are saying, then the benzites should have efficient, when they become available. Paraphrasing again, but it's being considered, but probably not. Again, making the uncommon Saurians efficient one of the highest desired boffs. Fitting a niche.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-26-2011, 02:34 AM
Hmm interesting. Anyway, those 1-2 power points hardly make much of difference...but perfectionists like them I guess...

I would be much more interested in human leadership trait, if it would work for BO.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-26-2011, 05:00 AM
I noticed the other day on the exchange a bunch of vulcan tac boofs on sale for 99 million... I assumed it was some kind of money laundering.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-26-2011, 07:01 AM
Usually, is something is posted for 99 million, it means that someone is treating the 'Exchange' as an additional 'Bank' for storage, and really doesn't want to sell it... (Which is bad for everyone else, as the excessive number of 'Banked' items on the Exchange breaks wildcard searches for everyone...)
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Hmm interesting. Anyway, those 1-2 power points hardly make much of difference...but perfectionists like them I guess...

I would be much more interested in human leadership trait, if it would work for BO.
I see it this way.. what else is there to do for the monies? :p

edit: also, uhm.. yes the suarians sell for the exchange prices.. why would anyone give you one for 10? :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Usually, is something is posted for 99 million, it means that someone is treating the 'Exchange' as an additional 'Bank' for storage, and really doesn't want to sell it... (Which is bad for everyone else, as the excessive number of 'Banked' items on the Exchange breaks wildcard searches for everyone...)
I never quite understood using the exchange as storage. Why would someone use it when the mail system is much better? No expiration date, and any character can reclaim it at any time. With the exchange, only the character that put it up can claim it when it expires. Don't know about you, but when I get a "Item has expired" notice, I have no idea which character it was that put it up.