Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store Question
04-15-2011, 09:45 AM
is it possible to buy items outside the game? my pc is dead i use my ps3 to write this thread i want the tos bundle before it ends.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2011, 04:22 PM
No. The C-Store itself is fully in-game only. We do not have an out of game portal for our items.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2011, 04:35 PM
You could go and use a friend's computer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plegg
is it possible to buy items outside the game? my pc is dead i use my ps3 to write this thread i want the tos bundle before it ends.
The PSN is back up?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
You could go and use a friend's computer.
You'd be suprised how many friends are wary of letting you install 10-12 gigs (which can take a /lot/ of time, too) on the fly like that.

Just to spend five seconds purchasing something.

(hint, C-store should have an out-of-game portal)
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Indeed. anything over 10 gigs is a bit much to download for just using the store.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRa_Actual View Post
You'd be suprised how many friends are wary of letting you install 10-12 gigs (which can take a /lot/ of time, too) on the fly like that.

Just to spend five seconds purchasing something.

(hint, C-store should have an out-of-game portal)
Install overnight, perhaps? How long will it take before you get your computer working?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRa_Actual View Post
...(hint, C-store should have an out-of-game portal)
I tend to agree with ShinRa. It would be nice to use the C-Store from the website.

I've recently started playing Champons Online (it's very fun, I recommend it, BTW), and their C-Store interface is awesome! Not only is it better sorted and searchable, and I think better displays what's already purchased, but you can buy stuff while outside the game and the results happen in near-real time within the game. There's even a drop-down box on the website that selects to which Hero character-specifc purchases are applied.

It's really quite an impressive machine, and it's disappointing STO's isn't as good, especially knowing CO's predates it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I tend to agree with ShinRa. It would be nice to use the C-Store from the website.

I've recently started playing Champons Online (it's very fun, I recommend it, BTW), and their C-Store interface is awesome! Not only is it better sorted and searchable, and I think better displays what's already purchased, but you can buy stuff while outside the game and the results happen in near-real time within the game. There's even a drop-down box on the website that selects to which Hero character-specifc purchases are applied.

It's really quite an impressive machine, and it's disappointing STO's isn't as good, especially knowing CO's predates it.
I assume this was something they were trying out with CO first because of the sheer fact that is how they make the majority of their money. I'd hope that STO was going to get this as well down the road.

I so love that C-Store interface it makes me that we don't have it here for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2011, 03:39 PM
When does the TOS bundle end?

because i would like to get it when i get some more money