Lt. Commander
Ok who seen this coming? Well it had to happen I guest, after the whole Civil War thing, and Peter telling the world he was Spider Man. Man I need to go get this comic to read what went down.

http://blastr.com/2011/06/marvel-com...s-peterker.php
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Different story arc then the Civil War. The Spiderman who died was the Ultimate version not the main stream Spiderman. The Ultimate storylines are the ones that the Marvel Movies are based around. Example, they had an Ultimate Spiderman storyline going on when they were filming Spiderman2 where the director saw Spiderman fighting Doc Oc and filmed that rather then the actors in the film.

The Ultimate storyline has always been much grittier then mainstream storylines. People die in them quite frequently and no they don't come back several issues later. Here death is pretty permanent thing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the spoilers. Much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-23-2011, 06:56 AM
Sorry geezzzz lol

But anyway, the Ultimate series of comics have not been more favorites. I am more the mainstream type, but still the fact of killing off Peter doesn't seem right in any universe.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Not even Bucky stayed dead.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-23-2011, 07:33 AM
No you are correct. But Bucky is Maintstream Marvel not the Ultimate Marvel. To the best of my knowledge I don't even think Bucky is in Ultimate Marvel. The Red Skull was, as Captain America's son.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post
Ok who seen this coming? Well it had to happen I guest, after the whole Civil War thing, and Peter telling the world he was Spider Man. Man I need to go get this comic to read what went down.

This is in the Ultimate Universe, not the main one.

Pretty much an alternate reality Spiderman was killed off yesterday. A new hero will take his place as the new Spiderman in a few months.

Quote:
Original Post by PonderSC

Not even Bucky stayed dead.
And Bucky is being brought back now during Fear Itself story arc in the mainstream version.

Oh and the Red Skull's Daughter, Sin, just killed Captain America.....wonder how he'll be brought back...
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post

But I bet Auant May is still alive. (Given she was supposed to be 65ish back in 1962 - that would make her 115ish today, and she WASN'T bit by a radioactive spider.
Lt. Commander
Every single character can die and then be resurrected with no questions asked. I have the 1 off issue called "Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe" which as you can imgine from the title has the Punisher killing all of the major Marvel characters but they continued on as though nothing happened. How many times has Galactus been destroyed and then restored? You gotta love comic books!
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Yup, in both Ultimate and Mainstream comics, Aunt May is still alive. Mainstream is due to a deal Parker made with Mephisto. And yes, aging in Marvel is greatly reduced, not Simpsons reduced but close to it.