Lt. Commander
I got this error last night. I recently patched and briefly logged into tribble.

I exited and logged into holodeck to play one of my alts. I started the mission "Tribble with Klingons."

The space portion loaded well, but when loading the ground portion (Whack a Tribble) I encountered a .hogg error.

Quote:
"Fatal Error: Fileheader extends past end of .hogg, probably corrupt .hogg file! #1

Technical Details:
bin/geobin/Maps/Planets/Crd/Crd_Minaskorva_ground/Crd_Minaskorva_Ground.zone/map_snap.hogg: Filheader extends past end of .hogg, probably corrupt .hogg file! #1"
Previous answers suggest deleting files from the playtest folder and re-downloading them through the launcher. This, however, occurred on the main server and as far as I know deleting system files from the Live folder is a sure way never to see them again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-23-2011, 11:41 AM
I had this problem. So i deleted the file .hogg and restarted the laucher and voila fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Force Verify of the files in the folder did not work.

I deleted all of the .hogg files except for headers.hogg, located in Live/.patch. After doing so I patched (during which the launcher crashed but picked back up again.)

Minos Korva ground still does not load. Same error message.

Risa and ESD don't seem to have this problem.

I'll re-patch all the .hogg files this time and update the thread tomorrow
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-23-2011, 09:31 PM
the hogg files you needed to delete are located in the /live/piggs folder not the .patch folder.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-23-2011, 11:10 PM
I deleted those files along with all the other .hogg in the Live folder. Minos Korva still didn't load.

I also deleted the .hogg files located only in the live/piggs directory. It still didn't work.

I deleted and repatched, then logged into the game with a different character. I played through the space part of "Collateral Damage" and beamed down to Hotep IV. That worked.

I logged out and back into the character I was having the problem with and selected a different away team for Minos Korva. This also did not work.

After this, I tried a third character. The third character could not transfer to Minos Korva ground.

A text document called hog_errors says all of the Cardassian ground maps and the Romulan map "Nopada Desert" have an error.

Quote:
File read from disk has bad CRC.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-24-2011, 05:15 AM
To be honest, I'd just reinstall it and do a fresh install, you maybe getting an error with the .hogg file, but for all you know it could be another file that is used to call upon that .hogg file causeing the issue, the best way to fix it is a fresh install, randomly deleteing files and replacing them can sometimes work, but it can also obviously cause other issues as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Sounds like your hard drive is crapping out
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Well, the .hoggs are updated by patch checks though the launcher. Deleting the .hogg files and allowing the launcher to patch these files should have fixed the problem without having to uninstall the game.

The only reason an uninstall would be necessary is if this problem had to do with the game's registry, which so far seems not to be the case as the maps I'm having problems with are restricted to the cardassian sector AND the nopada desert. All of them are ground maps.

Also, why would my hard drive be the problem?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-24-2011, 05:45 PM
File read from disk has bad CRC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_redundancy_check

Might not be the hard drive might be something else like a virus or somehow the game broke the file.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-24-2011, 07:06 PM
continue hogg file corruption can be caused by

1. weak wireless connections
2. weak for failing CPU
3. failing or bad memory
4. failing or bad hard drive
5. failing or weak power supplies
6. some antivirus programs will corrupt the hogg files like panda 2011 will corrupt the files on downloads
7. if using win 7 or vista having the game installed in the programs file folder will cause problems becuase tof the new window's security features for files in that folder.