Lt. Commander
# 1 G-510 boards
06-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Any1 else having problems with macros out of these boards in game now? Can't get the macros to work at all ingame.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the board. Actualy got 1 of the keystrokes to work again but the repeat option and/or additional keystrokes programed to follow doesn't much less the toggle options. All of it seems to work when I use the test feature included with the board. All I really used this for was a shield balance and Eng batt and EM but neither is working and stoped about the time of the last small patch.

Any1 else seeing this or is my board hammered?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
Any1 else having problems with macros out of these boards in game now? Can't get the macros to work at all ingame.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the board. Actualy got 1 of the keystrokes to work again but the repeat option and/or additional keystrokes programed to follow doesn't much less the toggle options. All of it seems to work when I use the test feature included with the board. All I really used this for was a shield balance and Eng batt and EM but neither is working and stoped about the time of the last small patch.

You have to set it to have a pause between commands. So if you record a macro it will execute as fast as if you activated each command by hand. Nice, huh? That's a "feature" of STO, btw. Not sure if other macro boards have that issue, but they should.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason button clicks get ignored, weapons don't fire when the key is pressed, etc. I don't think STO's UI can handle (or is allowed to handle) rapid command input.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Here is the thread where I got the info about STO's macro-processing abilities. Stormshade states "The game is also built to thwart the ability of macros to issue commands faster than a human could."

Z
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
You have to set it to have a pause between commands. So if you record a macro it will execute as fast as if you activated each command by hand. Nice, huh? That's a "feature" of STO, btw. Not sure if other macro boards have that issue, but they should.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason button clicks get ignored, weapons don't fire when the key is pressed, etc. I don't think STO's UI can handle (or is allowed to handle) rapid command input.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Here is the thread where I got the info about STO's macro-processing abilities. Stormshade states "The game is also built to thwart the ability of macros to issue commands faster than a human could."

Z
Thx. I seen the dev comment. I have the pauses in it. It worked up till a week or so ago. Think there must be something wrong with the board, tried it in SWG and wouldn't work there either. Ok, off to Logitech.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Thx. I seen the dev comment. I have the pauses in it. It worked up till a week or so ago. Think there must be something wrong with the board, tried it in SWG and wouldn't work there either. Ok, off to Logitech.
Yeah, that's probably not good. You've got the keyboard software running and the correct profile selected, yes?

I hope it's a simple fix.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2011, 10:54 PM
yep, my luck. lol Oh well, it's under warrenty. It's been messing up via the screen since we pluged it in. Looks like some launguage written from right to left when it starts. lol But not, just doesn't have enough pixels getting to the screen on the board. Have a rural elec co-op here also so spikes are frequent.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Alt Tab out and back into the game often helps if the Profilemanager gets confused.

also make sure that the keys you have set in your makro are actually doing what they are supposed to on your current Char

sometimes the ALT key or something is stuck, make sure thats not the case
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-22-2011, 02:45 PM
G-15 works as intended, I can't really see why the G510 would be tempermental though it could be the logitech software.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-23-2011, 04:08 AM
Quote:

there is a bug with the logitech software that started a few months ago, you need to browse to your logitech software install locations and in there you should see 3 .exe files, set each of them to run in admin mode in the properties, this should get any and all macros you set up working in game.

I used to have this problem but logitech support suggested this to me ages ago, so it should help you out too.

Also the helps whether you have UAC running or not, though the reason it works is beyond me, all i know is it does, and at the end of the day thats all that matters right?

oh and to get the admin mode check boxes to stick with your setting you will have to end the logitceh soft ware through task manager as just closing it makes it run it stealth mode.