Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Flagship?
06-23-2011, 11:46 PM
In your opinion, what class of ship would be an ideal KDF Flagship vessel? Lets say hypothetically there were a similar contest to the DTNE contest except for the KDF faction, which class of ship would be ideal?

Unofficial!, hypothetical. This post in no way means this will actually happen - EVER. I'm in no position to do such things... I am, however - as a fan - in a position to ask this community this question

Discuss:
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Something like a negh'var or even a new class of carrier....Something big. to show off the true might of the empire. (or maybe how much they overcompensate xD)
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-23-2011, 11:52 PM
as carriers are the center for most modern navies, i think a carrier would be a fitting flagship for the KDF. Perhaps a Super-carrier could be designed that say, resembled, oh, i don't know...one of these maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-23-2011, 11:55 PM
I completely agree. It should be as mighty as a Vo'Qov yet as feisty as a Vorsha.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cehus View Post
as carriers are the center for most modern navies, i think a carrier would be a fitting flagship for the KDF. Perhaps a Super-carrier could be designed that say, resembled, oh, i don't know...one of these maybe?
uh.... no

How about something akin to the old style battlecruisers, but bigger and with some negh'var and BoP influances?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Hail to the king baby!

CapnLogan: Regent Worf's flagship as seen in the DS9 episode: Shattered Mirror.
A version of the Negh`Var.

OR a STO version of the K´Vort class BoP. Kind of like a BoP cruiser in size and stats.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainThraxx
Something like a negh'var or even a new class of carrier....Something big. to show off the true might of the empire. (or maybe how much they overcompensate xD)
overcompensate?

HONORLESS DOG!

Anyway, I believe a modified version of the Vo'quv carrier would be perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Dear god not another carrier! We have two too many as it is. A KDF flagship should certainly be a next gen Negh'var/Qu'Daj T6 battlecruiser. Something big, tough, and very mean looking . A counterpart to the Ent-F as I assume that's going to be T6. Or maybe a massive BoP? :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-24-2011, 12:05 AM
A carrier??? Hmm, not so sure tbh. I think definitely a Battle Cruiser or something along those lines but something probably more than a carrier. As mentioned above, Worfs Negh'Var from DS9 seems fitting. I do think it, like the Ent F, needs to resemble a natural progression from one of the Empires already classic ships.

Id go for a Negh'Var, Vorcha or K'Vort refit
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Ever played Starfleet Academy?

The Ber'taa from that game, in a modern, more sleek version would make a great addition to the KDF fleet, and in a larger, better armed version it would also be a challenging opponent.

Of cause I do not live in the US (or the american continent for that matter), so such a competition would never affect me in any way since I am pr. default excluded from taking part in thoose.

(Quick note: the above link is from a Mod for BC... couldn find original pics)