Lt. Commander
# 111
06-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCat
I would start with inspiration from the Klingons favorite weapon: The Bat' Leth. The batleth is a smooth, elegant weapon, sharp edges-yet smooth.
To me the Vorcha style had it more correct, it was more streamline, teh Nevhar is a powerhouse to be sure-but alwayse seemed too bulky.

I would merge the Bat' Leth with the Iconic D-7. Maker her bigger, sleaker longer, Sharper.
Make the ship seem like a flying batleth so much so that if the guns up front did not destroy the opposing ship then they should fear a strike from the ship itself. The ship should look like it could SLICE right through an opponent.
Like THIS?

(BTW, redid the front. Haven't posted it yet.) :p
Lt. Commander
# 112
06-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Like THIS?

If you could blend in a little from the neg'var, make it seem... larger... I'd vote for you.
Lt. Commander
# 113
06-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Like THIS?

Very nice design. I'd like to echo the above, while I like it a lot, it seems more cruiser like, less heavy battlecruiser/battleship in my mind. Make it beefier. Mmm, beefy. I definitely like the concepts though, much better than I can do.
Lt. Commander
# 114
06-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Like THIS?

The design for the QIb'leth kinda reminds me of the Raptors in game. They are interesting design concepts, however.
Lt. Commander
# 115
06-24-2011, 10:25 AM
What a great question.

In Trek in general, I would want it to be the ultimate evolution of the classic D7. A big honking cruiser with a neck forward and nacelles which hung down below the main engineering section.

But in STO, what makes Klingons unique is their carriers. So in STO it should be a big honking CARRIER... with a neck forward and nacelles which hang down below the main engineering section.
Lt. Commander
# 116
06-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
In your opinion, what class of ship would be an ideal KDF Flagship vessel? Lets say hypothetically there were a similar contest to the DTNE contest except for the KDF faction, which class of ship would be ideal?

Unofficial!, hypothetical. This post in no way means this will actually happen - EVER. I'm in no position to do such things... I am, however - as a fan - in a position to ask this community this question

Discuss:
I'd say a Carrier or even more likely, a Battlecarrier.

Something like a hybrid between the Negh'Var and the Vo'Quv in terms of abilities; and very, very BIG.
Lt. Commander
# 117
06-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Comics
In Trek in general, I would want it to be the ultimate evolution of the classic D7. A big honking cruiser with a neck forward and nacelles which hung down below the main engineering section.
I agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
In Star Trek 6, Chancellor Gorkon chose a D7/K'Tinga as his flagship. This would be, in many ways, like a military General in the Soviet Union, rising to the rank of Premier, using a 1960's Submarine as his flagship. It makes a bold statement, one of both position, and nostalgia for the glory days.

What I think would be neat, is if you took the K'Tinga as a basis, and literally doubled or tripled it's scale. Then using that new model as a framework, rebuild the ship so it "looks as big as it is", but still reminiscent of the original class. Not an exact clone with more triangles, more like the designers were singing songs of all the battles won, and were full of nostalgia for the old class.. thinking "This will strike fear in the heart of all who see it!"

Use modern technologies of course.....
Well said! Right on the money!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
The Klingon D7/K'tinga battlecruiser possesses the most iconic profile of all Klingon ships. I think a streamlined warship of huge proportions based on its profile would be an ideal figure for a Klingon warship. An artist named MadKoiFish once produced such a vessel, which you can view here and a WIP in the thread here...
I never saw that ship from MadKoiFish before but he's definitely got some real skills and it's a nicely designed Light Cruiser concept, would have been a lot better for the current T3 Refit model than the squished looking one currently in game.

All things considered for a KDF Flagship the inspiration should be taken from the two most iconic ships that are IMO the very embodiment of the Klingon Empire and it's culture, the D7 and it's later successor the K'tinga.
Lt. Commander
# 118
06-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Hey Capn,

It's been a while since we traded posts in this thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3136744

However, I remain committed to the D-70 as a Negh variant, a Carrier variant, or an entirely new ship class. This is one of my favorite ship designs.
Lt. Commander
# 119
06-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
including something along the lines of the Galaxy X-like Disruptor (née Phaser) Lance.
I like the idea of a super disruptor pulse gun. Something that fires a big green ball of death. Picture high yield plasma torpedo, but bigger, faster, and darker in color.
Lt. Commander
# 120
06-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
If you could blend in a little from the neg'var, make it seem... larger... I'd vote for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martothir View Post
Very nice design. I'd like to echo the above, while I like it a lot, it seems more cruiser like, less heavy battlecruiser/battleship in my mind. Make it beefier. Mmm, beefy. I definitely like the concepts though, much better than I can do.
More Beef huh, I can do that.