Lt. Commander
# 31
06-24-2011, 12:56 AM
I think the Neg'var is the quintessential KDF flagship, but bigger than the in game version and with a bit more graphical love .

As an earlier poster said, when properly proportioned, the Neg'var is a beast to behold, and looks incredible flying next to a bunch of comparatively small vorchas.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Batlle cruisers set the standard when it comes to seeing Klingon MIGHT!

In TOS the Klingons were seen in the K'T'Inga/ D7

In ST: Motion Picture You see three K'T'INGA/D7 again, but they get whooped. Later the Enterprise gets hit by the same weapon and survives and first hit, but fears the second will destroy them. (Fegeration had better shields i guess)

ST: II WoK The Kobayashi Maru "No Win" scenerio featured 3 K'T'INGA, basically saying that ANY ship in this situation was doomed. (Even the "JJ Trek" featured this, and clearly showed that you could only CHEAT to survive.)

ST:III SFS Showed that a Brel class was a threat to a busted up/hot wired/ "lit Up Like A Christmas Tree" Constitution class that didn't even have a skeleton crew...

ST:V FF Showed a Brel Class was good for shooting space junk, missing the Enterprise with a photon, and for destroying a "God Head" that was already hit by a photon.

ST:VI UC Chancellor Gorkon's flagship was a K'T'INGA refit (Kronos One), took two hits on her dorsal hull from photons and still came about to stomp a mud hole in someone. "Chekov: If they fire, with our shields down..." Chekov was worried if they took A hit, with no shields?? After Kronos One took TWO and still came about kinda mad??? Kinda speaks of the K'T'INGA'a reputation for being a badass. Later we see the fight between a "Can Fire while Cloaked" Brel and the "shieled" Enterprise. the Brel gets some nice hits in, including the OUTSTANDING blast thru the saucer. The Brel takes some 5(?) photon hits (unshielded) from the Enterprise and Excelsior before going down. guess those PoPs are pretty sturdy also.

ST:TNG We see the Vorcha introduced and Brels a bunch. Although thru the series they would make referance to other classes of BoP, they were always the Brel model. In the episode "Yesterdays Enterprise"
, theEnterprise was alluded to be about destroyed by 3 "Brel" Bop, 1 brel destroyed, the other 2 were finishing her off when the time line gets restored.

ST: DS9 Lots and Lots of Vorcha and "Brel", and we are introduced to the Negh'Var.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
In your opinion, what class of ship would be an ideal KDF Flagship vessel? Lets say hypothetically there were a similar contest to the DTNE contest except for the KDF faction, which class of ship would be ideal?

Discuss:
It doesn't have to be the biggest vessel in the fleet. Much as the Enterprise is not. It has to be the most iconic. It has to be the ship everyone recognizes as Klingon. It has to be the workhorse of the fleet. Therefore the flagship should be a variant of the tried and true battlecruiser. For me, even though it is outdated, the D-7 is, and always will be, THE Klingon vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIce
No more "bird" influences that's a borrowed Romulan theme not truely a Klingon one [ Memory Alpha ], a real Battle Cruiser or Battle Ship with Klingon aesthetics please.
YES!!! The BoP is a ROM ship! It's got freakin' feathers on it fer crissakes!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-24-2011, 01:13 AM
reallyu once you sit down and examine the Klingon mentality the cruiser is simply the best answer.

the carrier is a ship designed to stay back and support the fleet. a nesscary task, and certinly the ship would be a good choice for a command ship, perhaps even a superior choice, however Klingon mind set being what it is, this would simply be an unacceptable choice as flag ship.

the flag should should be a large imposeing "ship of the line" designed to mix it up in an engagement, coming out victorious, bringing great glory to it's commander etc.

so I belive a cruiser would be the proper, tradtional choice,
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Something big. The size of a carrier.. but not a carrier.. like a siege ship, meant to cause entire worlds to cower! A station destroyer!

Always wanted a big siege ship in STO.. never got to experience one in EVE. I'd think the concept would fit the KDF perfectly. Subjugation through MASSIVE force!
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-24-2011, 01:18 AM
It's only fitting that the flagship be the most glorious ship in the fleet. The first one in and the last one out of combat. In DS9 the Negh'var lead the charge, it didn't follow at the rear.

Carriers might be impressive, and they might be the backbone of the fleet, even the most powerful, but they're not the most glorious. They leave too much of their own battle to their auxiliary craft. Carriers follow at the rear.

Now, a dreadnought style supercruiser that wasn't a carrier would work. It's also a niche of ship that isn't really explored in the game currently.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-24-2011, 01:39 AM
From a "RL perspective" it should be a carrier. Seeing it from the series only it has to be a battle cruiser like the Negh'Var. From a klingon perspective... whatever is in the middle of the fiercest battle acting as a rallying point for everyone. A klingon flagship must be in the middle of the battle and not somewhere in the back like a carrier. Also it has to be huge to act as a symbol... so little ships like BoP not good. Maybe some kind of tactical carrier cruiser? Size somewhere between the Negh'var and the Vo'quv, capable of carrying at least a fighter squad, less science but more tactical powers.
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-24-2011, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Ever played Starfleet Academy?

The Ber'taa from that game, in a modern, more sleek version would make a great addition to the KDF fleet, and in a larger, better armed version it would also be a challenging opponent.
In Starfleet Academy, did you ever try to fight the Excelsior with a Ber'taa in a custom battle? You couldn't kill it! I once tried three Ber'taas (maximum 3 a side I think) against a single npc Excelsior and the damn thing wouldn't ever die!
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-24-2011, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
google pic search only showed me this one, that i allways liked:
http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/...leship9111.jpg
This looks awsomly great!