Lt. Commander
# 511
07-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Concerning Klingon motifs, and if a new STO flagship were designed, would it be wrong to implement new motifs?

I'm personally not opposed to curves, nor to straight lines. I find it to be important to find the correct balance of both though. The D-7 is a nice example of the straight lines and long curves combined.
klingon ships are being a little more curvy but they should still be fairly blocky and robust. otherwise they start turning into romulan ships.

ships like the vor'cha and the negh'var are exactly the look i think klingon cruisers should be. a klingon ship should never really qualify as pretty or streamlined. it should be huge, impossing and almost ugly in a not ugly way if that makes any sense.
Lt. Commander
# 512
07-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Concerning Klingon motifs, and if a new STO flagship were designed, would it be wrong to implement new motifs?

I'm personally not opposed to curves, nor to straight lines. I find it to be important to find the correct balance of both though. The D-7 is a nice example of the straight lines and long curves combined.
Well and I'm not holding you to anything here, but the original post suggested the possibility of a contest, but why don't we do this, you all come up with a few (no more than 5) concepts and we the players pick the one we like?

Just an idea, again, not holding you to anything.
Lt. Commander
# 513
07-16-2011, 12:33 AM
*giggles* glad you guys liked Atolms Throne Well with exeption of head :p

Hey look who registered on scifi meshes and posted lol
Lt. Commander
# 514
07-16-2011, 05:06 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the original hammer-head looks more-Klingon the altered version?

I mean look at the Negh'Var... how is that NOT a hammer head? *shrug* Just don't see the appeal of the modified version. (Not that it's bad, just, not seeing it.)
Lt. Commander
# 515
07-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel
Am I the only one who thinks the original hammer-head looks more-Klingon the altered version?

I mean look at the Negh'Var... how is that NOT a hammer head? *shrug* Just don't see the appeal of the modified version. (Not that it's bad, just, not seeing it.)
I think the modified throne posted earlier in this thread makes it look morel ike a vor'cha head... which is ultimately more Klingon than a hammerhead IMO. Although i prefer the hammerhead simply because i find hammerhead ships to be awesome looking.
Lt. Commander
# 516
07-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel

I wouldn't say the Negh'Var's a hammerhead. Its just a take on the D7's front where the bridge superstructure is more promenent than the spherical part.
Lt. Commander
# 517
07-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
I think the modified throne posted earlier in this thread makes it look morel ike a vor'cha head... which is ultimately more Klingon than a hammerhead IMO. Although i prefer the hammerhead simply because i find hammerhead ships to be awesome looking.
Thankyou Cap, exactly what I was going for.

Lt. Commander
# 518
07-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
i already posted here, but i realy fell in love with the khin'vagh design ... its beautiful :|

http://www.shipschematics.net/startr...p_khinvagh.jpg
Reminds me of Destiny from SGU.
Lt. Commander
# 519
07-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I wouldn't say the Negh'Var's a hammerhead. Its just a take on the D7's front where the bridge superstructure is more promenent than the spherical part.
... and that makes it look like a hammer. I mean it's not that what you're saying doesn't make sense, it's just that regardless of why it's done that way, it looks like a hammer, thus it is a hammer head. *Shrug*
Lt. Commander
# 520
07-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
That's basically my opinion. I have nothing against the modified design (I think I actually over-stated my point a fair bit in my previous post) - I just think the hammerhead design is nicer.

But then I love the Negh'Var, even though I don't fly one, so... yeah. >.>