Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-24-2011, 08:30 AM
OP - patience padawan...all things in due time.

I wouldn't mine watching the design evolve as it's tweaked, but I do relish the excitement of cruising around a shipyard in-game in a small shuttle to finally be able to see the finished product...ya know, sort of like TMP when they finally showed the rebuild and Kirk just stood at the window in awe.

I want to stand at the window in awe and get goosebumps looking at a bunch of pixels thrown together in the shape of a starship.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
OP - patience padawan...all things in due time.

I wouldn't mine watching the design evolve as it's tweaked, but I do relish the excitement of cruising around a shipyard in-game in a small shuttle to finally be able to see the finished product...ya know, sort of like TMP when they finally showed the rebuild and Kirk just stood at the window in awe.

I want to stand at the window in awe and get goosebumps looking at a bunch of pixels thrown together in the shape of a starship.
oh... i would DIE if that happened! it would be great to see the Enterprise-F huge in our viewer, and it would be a great Trek nod at the same time!

though... i have to admit i want a peek at the final design right now as well... must be patient, must be patient...
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
they still have to do the whole community thing where we decide what the class will be called...
Until the official name comes out, I'm calling it the Cryptic-class.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Or they could save the full reveal for when they put it in game, which would be much better. So DStahl, please do NOT show the full final view until you do the in-game reveal event.
I agree with this...... the "Special mission" should have a no win situation for the player/s at some point with an epic cutscene of the USS Enterprise F warping in to save your backside...... some nice dramatic music to go with it....
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
they still have to do the whole community thing where we decide what the class will be called, but I agree I would rather see it when it gets in game than have them post a pic.
I would say the Ihle class.......
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
They should also have one stationed inside ESD, if it'll fit in, replacing the Galaxy-class currently there.
Yes this would be cool. Especially if they could show the inner struts and rigging that are the bones of the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
I'm actually enjoying seeing the design process evolve, it's also really nice that the fans are being able to give input on the ships design as well via feedback. If people don't want to follow that process, then they don't have too, no need to restrict people that do want to see it from being able to.
Pretty much agreed with Suricata here. I'm really enjoying the Dev diaries and seeing how the ship is proceeding from the original concept sketch to the final design that we'll eventually see in game. I don't think that there's any rush to see the final iteration of the ship. We already know that some people are going to love to design and others will hate it. I'm sure that I'll dislike some elements of the final design, but as it stands, I'm enjoying seeing how it has been developed.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Anyone who doesnt want to see it early can not look. Its not like someone is going to come to your house and force you to look at it. If you lack self control, that is a personal problem
Once a full reveal is done you won't be able to avoid it, it will be on mmo sites, stoked and other places, it isn't a click or don't. I'm not going to stop reading everything, I'm fine with the partials, I'd just rather they do the reveal like a feature episode where we get the ' wows' in game.