Lt. Commander
# 1 Spawn Campers
06-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Is there anything that can be done about spawn campers? I mean seriously they don't even give anyone a chance to get situated. It really ****es me off.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-21-2011, 03:19 PM
I LOVE THEM! But not all the time. There needs to be a counter ofc - not all of us have cloaks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamup69 View Post
Is there anything that can be done about spawn campers? I mean seriously they don't even give anyone a chance to get situated. It really ****es me off.
Leave the spawn point ASAP. If you are not there you are not camped. Engine battery + evasive for the win.

If you respawn and are camped, DON'T keep pressing the respawn button. Tell your friends to come help you or tell the other guy/team to stop camping or you won't respawn. They can't finish the match without kills and if you don't respawn they can't get kills.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
Leave the spawn point ASAP. If you are not there you are not camped. Engine battery + evasive for the win.
This. Even if they pursue, they'll have to burn the same things to do it, making them take time to get back. Making the enemy spread out breaks their blockade.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Tractor Repulsors work as well, push them away so you can make for your escape. But the biggest thing is to move from your spawn point.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Simple, stop spawning where I camp.

You figure you have 10 seconds to move from the spawn point the moment the game starts. So move
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-22-2011, 12:23 AM
If staying onthe move doesn't work (or it's simply too late for that) - Communicate. Coordinate with your team mates that you respawn togther and aid each other (only goal is to get away aliv).
Communicate with your enemies and suggest to them to stop camping.

When you communicate (particularly with your enemies), stay friendly. That puts it entirely on their responsibility if they refuse to help you or turn otherwise unfriendly, and you know whether you're flying against and if it's actually worth giving them a decent fight.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-22-2011, 12:35 AM
If its in an Arena match, you have plenty of time to relocate (in the center of the map, for example) being spawncamped there, is entirely your own fault.

If its in Ker'rat its another issue entirely.. The area is bugged so both sides spawn in one location when the zone resets.. Sadly, many people on both sides jump at the first chance to spawncamp, if if they QQd about it themselves.. Vengeance is sweet I guess.

Just yesterday, I was playing my Klingon toon for a change (Shock! Horror!!) and it was kinda amusing how we would pull away at the Fed spawn, saying in zone chat "Naw, lets not spawncamp.. Thats lame", only to have the same Feds plus reinforcements spawncamp us the very next reset..

Oh well.. Atleast most Feds there are clueless, and can only ever get a kill in a 5v1 spawngank
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-22-2011, 01:18 AM
I don't like being camped and I have no fun in doing it myself. Being camped in an Arena I just try to run away. Being a healer myself I have a very good chance to survive and get away. If my team is camping I stay back ~15-20km and let the others do the work. If someone manages to survive and run I follow him and try to bring him down in 1vs1... but most of the time it is more like a 2+vs1 (which sometimes can end the camping).

In Ker'rat I shoot the enemy until they have been killed once. If they respawn I ignore them until they shoot me. If all of the enemies have been killed once I disengage and either finish Ker'rat or go to a waiting position ~20km away... just in case a "real" PvP fight starts. Had some nice PvP with Klingons trying to attack me in my waiting position. So if you see a nice little DSSV floating around say hello.
If I play my Klingon (which doesn't happen very often) I start to hunt down Feds after the initial fight.

As MelineAaele said both side spawn camp... the question is who is faster.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-22-2011, 05:02 AM
the only reason there is spawn camping is because you didnít leave your spawn and lost the first skirmish