Lt. Commander
# 41
06-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I think the rationale behind making them what they are is to provide an alternative to Quantums... so they do that, in a way.

Personally, I love their mega high flight speed. But I'll still take a HY 1 Quantum over a Peng any day.
I wish they would've buffed the Transphasic torpedoes to do some of what the Peng is doing. Peng is bypassing shields, usually survivable under most cases but can still be a threat as well if used correctly.

Isn't this what the Transphasic torpedoes should be all about? Instead we have some weak bleedthrough damage instead.

Scrap the Peng. Allow the Transphasic torpedoes to completely bypass shields. Eliminate the DoT and explosion. Tweak the damage a bit, raise the cooldown time, and we'll have another perfectly viable torpedo for PvP and PvE.

The PvP world hasn't been completely obliterated with the introduction of the Peng. Having a toned down Torpedo that shares one of the key characteristics of the Peng -probably- won't either. Isn't there anything we can do to convince the developers to give this idea a shot?

Don't we all want another viable torpedo that both factions can use in PvP and PvE?
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-30-2011, 03:47 PM
I think straight shield-ignoring weaponry is not a good idea. The Peng only ignores shields on the secondary proc. But I think there isn't much wrong with raising the bleedthrough of the transphasic by another 10-20 %.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObieKenobi View Post
I wish they would've buffed the Transphasic torpedoes to do some of what the Peng is doing. Peng is bypassing shields, usually survivable under most cases but can still be a threat as well if used correctly.

Isn't this what the Transphasic torpedoes should be all about? Instead we have some weak bleedthrough damage instead.

Scrap the Peng. Allow the Transphasic torpedoes to completely bypass shields. Eliminate the DoT and explosion. Tweak the damage a bit, raise the cooldown time, and we'll have another perfectly viable torpedo for PvP and PvE.

The PvP world hasn't been completely obliterated with the introduction of the Peng. Having a toned down Torpedo that shares one of the key characteristics of the Peng -probably- won't either. Isn't there anything we can do to convince the developers to give this idea a shot?

Don't we all want another viable torpedo that both factions can use in PvP and PvE?
The funny thing is, and mind you this is according to memory, in the shows the Transphasics were a weapon of last resort. Even Tricobalt devices would be used over Transphasics unless it was absolutely necessary. Now of course we all know this game is nowhere near the shows. Not by a long shot.
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-30-2011, 05:26 PM
I for one support the creation of a MIRV Overloaded Transphasic Rapid Firing Envelopping Tricobalt Torpedo.

Yup, that's what i want.
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-30-2011, 05:57 PM
If you think about it, doesn't Hargh'Pengs go against what Cryptic said when they were nerfing Efficient Engines. With them not intending lower-level items to be used at Higher Levels.

Or is it because of level banding equipment that argument is no longer valid? So
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial_Fury
I for one support the creation of a MIRV Overloaded Transphasic Rapid Firing Envelopping Tricobalt Torpedo that launches a Scramble 3 probe at it's target..

Yup, that's what i want.
Fixed that for ya.
Lt. Commander
# 47
07-01-2011, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
If you think about it, doesn't Hargh'Pengs go against what Cryptic said when they were nerfing Efficient Engines. With them not intending lower-level items to be used at Higher Levels.

Or is it because of level banding equipment that argument is no longer valid? So
I am not sure what you are talking about? The Efficient Engines were a Mark IV reward that was considered better than some Mark VI, VIII or X items. (Arguably, Mark X was a stretch.)

The Hagh'Pengs are a scaling item. And, going by DPS and burst possibliites, the Hargh'Peng doesn't outshine Photons or Quantums, as it can't be combined with certain powers. It has a niche. Maybe it's seen as problematic by some with its proc, maybe justifiable so, but even then it doesn't look like a higher-mark item replacer.

The Hargh'Peng is also designed to be a reward for a remastered mission and to incentive mission replay. Obviously the reward has to be viable even at endgame, otherwise there is no incentive to replay the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-01-2011, 04:15 AM
The pengs do not scale. They are rewarded as the MK level item appropriate to the level of the toon that completed the mission - ie, at VA they are MK XI.

There are pros and cons to the pengs vs other options. One big one that no one has mentioned is that by using pengs, you can save some skill points since you only need to spec into projectiles and torpedoes. Also, it frees up a tac BO slot since you won't be using HY. Both of these can be advantageous to some or totally not worth it to others.

The only problem I see with pengs now is that they need to be available to the KDF. The obvious fix is to make them craftable and BoP.
Lt. Commander
# 49
07-01-2011, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune

The only problem I see with pengs now is that they need to be available to the KDF. The obvious fix is to make them craftable and BoP.
or offer them as a mission reward.
Lt. Commander
# 50
07-01-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm still wondering what kind of a nerf they'll get when they finally make it to the Klink side. I mean, they are perfectly fine now, while they are only available to the poor defenseless Feds. It's just funny to me is all. XD