Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
07-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I had the old Harpeng used on me by someone running around with a pair of them. It was on my Escort and yay it pretty much annihilated my crew but... eh... whatever, I never have crew anyway and do not rely on them. Besides that it did not really hurt me all that much. So if this new version is nerfed I doubt it will be that bad. However, I did not get to suffer the super multi-target Peng Boom that I heard about because it only had 2 other targets to hit when FD hit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
07-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Escorts with pengs damn, those must be nasty indeed.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
07-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
I think you're being sarcastic....
Actually, I am not. Just look at their oddball costume system with this weird distinction between normal and off-duty slots. Look at the reasoning why fixing BFAW takes so long!

Their game engine has its perks, but also its drawbacks. AS players we like to assume a lot about it, but we simply don't actually know anything about it and are really just talking out of our behinds if we presume that something shouldn't take long.

Quote:
I thought they did on tribble already.
They fixed the dialog-ending-cloak issue (though I haven't tested that), but the B'Rel cloak issues are not related to that, AFAIK.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
07-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Actually, I am not. Just look at their oddball costume system with this weird distinction between normal and off-duty slots. Look at the reasoning why fixing BFAW takes so long!

Their game engine has its perks, but also its drawbacks. AS players we like to assume a lot about it, but we simply don't actually know anything about it and are really just talking out of our behinds if we presume that something shouldn't take long.
But mechanics are things that make sense being difficult to change, especially in space where things were basically hacked together under a very quick deadline. Other things, like the vendors, or the crafting system, makes absolutely no sense to be difficult to change given even semi-competent programming.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
07-03-2011, 07:22 PM
True, but the B'rel unlike some features, is something they've taken real cash from people for, this I think should lend it a little more priority when it comes to fixes and things like that, as Cryptic are essentialy selling what in real life would be considered faulty goods. It'd be like Ford selling cars where the windows open every time you lock it and just saying "Yeah... that'd be tough to fix...".

Also, three seconds of being unshielded but also uncloaked when firing torps may be survivable in PVE, but it's near suicidal against a decent human opponent. The B'rel really, properly, genuinely needs a total sort out. I think if it had the cloaked visuals while "visible" to represent it still being partially cloaked and having a large bonus to defense while cloaked would fix this without it being OP. At the end of the day, firing kinetic weapons while cloaked is of very limited utitlity (i.e. I've seen it kill a ship just once) as it is, so I don't see why it should also border on being a kamikaze run.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
07-03-2011, 09:13 PM
With the current torpedo, it makes me cringe what B'Rel refits will do.

Today I had some Fed Sci 1-shot me with a Hargh'Peng today on my Negh'var. Cryptic needs to fix these things. And do it in a way they don't trialize the other Torpedoes. After all who needs Transphasics when this does far more effectively.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
07-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
True, but the B'rel unlike some features, is something they've taken real cash from people for, this I think should lend it a little more priority when it comes to fixes and things like that, as Cryptic are essentialy selling what in real life would be considered faulty goods. It'd be like Ford selling cars where the windows open every time you lock it and just saying "Yeah... that'd be tough to fix...".

Also, three seconds of being unshielded but also uncloaked when firing torps may be survivable in PVE, but it's near suicidal against a decent human opponent. The B'rel really, properly, genuinely needs a total sort out. I think if it had the cloaked visuals while "visible" to represent it still being partially cloaked and having a large bonus to defense while cloaked would fix this without it being OP. At the end of the day, firing kinetic weapons while cloaked is of very limited utitlity (i.e. I've seen it kill a ship just once) as it is, so I don't see why it should also border on being a kamikaze run.

Unless some one is running FaW or is looking for you being de-cloaked for 3 seconds is nothing. Being cloaked allows you to be in control of the position. Now if targetting got fixed I would be with you but no way is 3 seconds too long because the only way to lock on an fire would require a degree of luck and remarkable positioning to get a bead on a B'Rel that pops cloak and pops back in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
07-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Unless some one is running FaW or is looking for you being de-cloaked for 3 seconds is nothing. Being cloaked allows you to be in control of the position. Now if targetting got fixed I would be with you but no way is 3 seconds too long because the only way to lock on an fire would require a degree of luck and remarkable positioning to get a bead on a B'Rel that pops cloak and pops back in.
An escort could have trouble bringing it's main weapons to bear, but a cruiser or science ship certainly don't. And after the first shot, they will be looking for you, looking hard and angrily. B'rels have very weak hulls, beam arrays are more than capable of bringing it down and can be brought to bear near instantly. And science ships are doubly problematic, if they know something's cloaked nearby, any decent science captain will find it. Sensor scan has a large enough radius to find anything in weapons range most of the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
07-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
With the current torpedo, it makes me cringe what B'Rel refits will do.

Today I had some Fed Sci 1-shot me with a Hargh'Peng today on my Negh'var. Cryptic needs to fix these things. And do it in a way they don't trialize the other Torpedoes. After all who needs Transphasics when this does far more effectively.
You must have had a crazy amount of debuffs on you for you to be 1 shotted by a Peng. Even with a 12-15K crit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
07-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Quote:
You must have had a crazy amount of debuffs on you for you to be 1 shotted by a Peng. Even with a 12-15K crit.
Well, some might call this a one-shot:
  1. Decloak
  2. Attack Pattern Alpha III or Sensor Scan
  3. Fire on My Mark III or Subnucleonic Beam
  4. Attack Pattern Beta III
  5. Photonic Shockwave
  6. Beam Overload III
  7. Cannon Rapid Fire I
  8. Tri-Cobalt
That's a pretty good deal on "one shot".
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 PM.