Lt. Commander
# 101
06-24-2009, 05:48 AM
Nice info just leaves me with a couple questions about cloaking.

When a fed ship detects a cloaked Klingon will the Klingon ship know they have been detected?

Will the Klingon ships be safe from being shot at until they decloak or can the Fed ships get a free shot at an unshielded ship?
Lt. Commander
# 102
06-24-2009, 06:21 AM
i like the in house fighting of the klingons, just sit back in my federation ship and watch the klingon faction tear them selves apart lol
Lt. Commander
# 103 Great Information!
06-24-2009, 06:52 AM
I sure do enjoy reading the articles the STO folks write Im trying not to drool too much about the thought of actually getting to play STO someday.
We all get to practice working on our patience while we wait with good attitudes for our Star Trek dreams to come true.

In anycase reading news on anything Star Trek Online is one of my favorite pasttimes now.
Keep on keeping on Cryptic,
Best Regards,
David
Lt. Commander
# 104
06-24-2009, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Barron
Nice read some good info.

But and I quote "When you start off, you’ll fly a Miranda or Centaur class ship"

Still no Klingon starter ship lol.
lol I was thinking the same thing. I would hope Klingons have starter ships too. Just Cryptic like the Federation side more and forgets about the Klingons
Lt. Commander
# 105
06-24-2009, 07:20 AM
I already have my science vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 106
06-24-2009, 08:10 AM
So, no real-life locations yet? What about, say, Wolf 359? Not only is it an actual star, it's also the location of a famous battle! Would that not be in game? I'd love to go flying past it and see a little memorial to those who perished there orbiting the star.

As for Points of Interest, will there be ground-based missions there? Or "sight-seeing" spots on planets, if you will? For example, on SWG you'd get an achievement (essentially a very small amount of bonus XP) for going to planetary or space locations from the films (such as where C-3PO and R2-D2 crashed in the desert, the destroyed Laars homestead or the location of the sarlaac pit, and that was just on Tatooine). Anything like that in STO?
Lt. Commander
# 107
06-24-2009, 08:25 AM
The real questions is... what do you choose. Miranda or Centaur ? I'd go with Centaur. Pretty Ship.
Lt. Commander
# 108
06-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_riker01 View Post
Consentual PvP...I've got really mixed feelings about this. I hated Star Wars Galaxies because nobody engaged in PvP until they were uber-buffed characters. As a result you had Stormtroopers and Rebel Soldiers walking around side by side giving each other high fives. It really shattered the whole feeling of war. And if you wanted to play a realistic game, i.e. play Pvp right away, you were simply slaughtered with ease.
I think you are miss interpreting how Cryptic views "consensual" PvP. With Cryptic games if you enter a PvP zone, you've just consented to PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 109
06-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSeer View Post
I think you are miss interpreting how Cryptic views "consensual" PvP. With Cryptic games if you enter a PvP zone, you've just consented to PvP.
I have to say I like that.

What irritates me mostly about PVP is the noobs who do it all over the place and force me to watch . I like them contained. MUWHAHAHAHA.

I also think it's more realistic, if your in the neutral zone, you could get hurt. hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 110 cloaking
06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
I know someone complained about the federations lack of cloacking, but this is something that I really appreciate. It keeps the gameplay divirse, it doesn't cop out like many other games that give the same feature to all factions around the game to keep things equal. There will be things that the federation excel at (superior skills ast science, exploration) that the Klingons will lack, and the Klingons will make up for with their extra armaments, faster ships and cloaking devices. In the end it's balanced, but it's different enough that the there will be a significant difference in the factions, not just differnt names, looking ships and aliens.