Lt. Commander
One problem I have with most character generators is trying to replicate certain character or costume options for characters that are different, but similar in some way.

Scenario #1: I want all of my captains, male and female, to wear the exact same uniform (or a variation on it) and colors, despite species

Scenario #2: I want all of my aliens, male and female, to have certain distinctive traits and features so they appear to be the same species.

Sometimes you can get away with loading a saved costume and then modifying it. But that only works if the character is the same gender.

The other way to do it is going back through the tailor and writing everything down. But that's a pain, and matching colors precisely is even worse.

What if you could run a slash command that dumped a description of your character, including which costume parts you used and which colors, to a text file that you could then refer back to when building a new character? It would be good if it also provided slider positions.

Or, even better, what if you could select an existing character/costume as a template (as opposed to simply loading a costume) and the character creator would attempt to map all of the applicable options across gender and species? You could then go back and change anything you wanted to.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Regarding the Colors, on tribble the color selection features now coordinates like Color A5, which is the First line, color number 5.
I find that very helpful (but i never had a problem with counting them to be honest )

Just get a sheet of paper and notice everything you think is important, i do that sometimes, if i think a uniform looks good.
It's not really a big problem IMO.

EDIT:
But i agree, uniforms should be saveable seperately.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-26-2011, 02:01 AM
Yep, the option to save the uniform separately from the character model would be a huge boon.

I am all for this if it's possible.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-26-2011, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaTau
Yep, the option to save the uniform separately from the character model would be a huge boon.

I am all for this if it's possible.
I agree. An option to save just the uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-27-2011, 04:27 AM
It is a bit of a hassle. I have to memorize the style and the colors and keep repeating them when I go through BOFF uniforms. Inconvenient, but it doesn't hamper the tailoring. It would be nice though so I don't have to worry that I used the wrong shade.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-29-2011, 06:39 AM
I would look at this as something that would be nice to see in the long run.