Lt. Commander
# 1 Where are the Denobulans?
06-24-2011, 04:42 PM
In the Fed Tutorial, the captain of your ship, who dies to make way for your command, is Denobulan.

Denobulans had peaceable relations with Earth before the Federation was founded.

A Denobulan served on the first Starfleet ship to leave Earths Solar System.

It's a good guess that Denobula joined the Federation soon after it's founding.

And yet, we have Talaxians in the Engineering report as a possible future species, but not Denobulans?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Its quite hard to make Talaxians in the alien gen. But the essentials are there for Denobulans. So its not like we can't have them in a sense.

But they will be there eventually, as will many other UFP species - the only issue is how long the list of species you can pick from the character creator. It will hardly be ok to have new players scroll through 300+ species with different traits.

Perhaps we should make sub-groups. Like Class 5 Humanoids (X Y and Z).
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-24-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm surprised they don't have the Denobulans in the game already considering most of their parts are already available in the Alien character generation. It seems like adding them as a species would be fairly easy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I'm surprised they don't have the Denobulans in the game already considering most of their parts are already available in the Alien character generation. It seems like adding them as a species would be fairly easy.
Is it wrong for the cynic in me to say that expect it as a C-Store one time purchase?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Is it wrong for the cynic in me to say that expect it as a C-Store one time purchase?
No, because if you didn't I would have. That is why it isn't a playable race yet, they are working on getting it in the C-Store, but they want to get the other races people have been asking for first.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2011, 06:12 AM
Use the alien creator, that's what its there for and you get to have all the traits you want and none you don't.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-25-2011, 07:25 AM
The puffy face thing would be a nice racial trait. Although I'm not too sure if it'll have any effect on game mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-26-2011, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
The puffy face thing would be a nice racial trait. Although I'm not too sure if it'll have any effect on game mechanics.
It could be used to briefly drop aggro.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-26-2011, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
It could be used to briefly drop aggro.
Good Call!

Would fit an in-game role of a Denobulan doctor nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-26-2011, 07:40 AM
I think the reason Denobulans aren't a priority is because they geared "alien" so we could make a lot of races ourselves. To my knowledge you can accurately render yourself or a bof as Cardassian, Jem'Hadar, Vorta, Deltan, Cappellan, Hirogen, Denobulan, Romulan, Efrosian, Yridian and Deferi, and those are just off of the top of my head. I'm pretty sure you could have a good go at Kazon as well thinking about it.

Talaxian on the other hand would be difficult, although I'm also at a loss as to why they're being picked above other races, being that they're native to the Delta Quadrant and all. Unless Neelix was... "prolific" on his arrival to Earth that is. I can see him using the Delta Quadrant oddysey to pick up... "Did I ever tell you about the time I saved Captain Janeway and the Voyager from certain death at the hands of the Borg? It's a fascinating story Miss..."
Closed Thread