Lt. Commander
# 21
09-09-2011, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigabeard
I would really like to see Denobulan. Both as boff and captains. Please cryptic, make it so!
Die Zombie DIE!!!

"Oscar-Three Kappa to Stormshade, come in Stormshade, over.."

"Oscar-Three Kappa to Stormshade, reception negative, if copy, please direct Thread Closing ordinance to this thread immediately, Zekes are on the rise, over."
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-09-2011, 05:01 AM
Even though this is a Zombie. Its a good zombie. We need Denobulans.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Die Zombie DIE!!!

"Oscar-Three Kappa to Stormshade, reception negative, if copy, please direct Thread Closing ordinance to this thread immediately, Zekes are on the rise, over."
I read that Cryptic will add Denobulans if enough fans request it. Instead of starting a new thread, I would just bump and add to an existing one.

Btw, the incredible healing powers of doctor Phlox is what revived this thread, not me.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Sorry to break it to you, guys, but there are no Denobulans left in this timeline. I thought it was pretty obvious to anyone who has watched the tv shows... you will not see a single Denobulan post "Enterprise." The race is extinct. Now, of course, your next question is, how did this happen? I have conducted extensive research into this issue and can now say that I've developed a theory so airtight that there is little reason to believe it's not true.

Have you noticed that in every subsequent tv series and movie that takes place after "Enterprise" that there is never a single reference or even passing mention of Captain Jonathan Archer? This would seem beyond belief that the man who commanded the first Enterprise, saved Earth and founded the Federation would be lost to the annals of history. Unless, of course, he did something really bad after the series ended... something so bad to cause such revile among the people of the future that no one would ever dare utter his name.

Yes, folks, this is what happened. It was none other than Jonathan Archer, himself, who wiped out the Denobulans. The specifics of how it happened are left open to debate but you can rest assured that it was, in fact, Archer who committed this depraved act of genocide upon our peaceful and pliable friends.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Actually, we have a Denobulan in the STO tutorial.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Actually, we have a Denobulan in the STO tutorial.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
it was mentioned. Should totally also be a C-Store species.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-12-2011, 09:23 AM
maybe the denobulans remained neutral it wasnt 100% guarenteed that races joined the federation most did due to the protection it offered and the free trade between planets.

Maybe denobula decided to stay out of the federation which is why there are so few of them floating around, much in the same way you dont see many tellerites

o wait thats because they look like assface
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
Sorry to break it to you, guys, but there are no Denobulans left in this timeline. I thought it was pretty obvious to anyone who has watched the tv shows... you will not see a single Denobulan post "Enterprise." The race is extinct. Now, of course, your next question is, how did this happen? I have conducted extensive research into this issue and can now say that I've developed a theory so airtight that there is little reason to believe it's not true.

Have you noticed that in every subsequent tv series and movie that takes place after "Enterprise" that there is never a single reference or even passing mention of Captain Jonathan Archer? This would seem beyond belief that the man who commanded the first Enterprise, saved Earth and founded the Federation would be lost to the annals of history. Unless, of course, he did something really bad after the series ended... something so bad to cause such revile among the people of the future that no one would ever dare utter his name.

Yes, folks, this is what happened. It was none other than Jonathan Archer, himself, who wiped out the Denobulans. The specifics of how it happened are left open to debate but you can rest assured that it was, in fact, Archer who committed this depraved act of genocide upon our peaceful and pliable friends.
I noticed there were no denobulans in the later series. I searched around for info about this, but couldn't find anything.

Maybe Archer and friends are from an alternate universe?

The Trek universe is so flexible I see no reason why the Denobulans can't be added.

Either way, I enjoyed Doctor Plhox's character and would like to have Denobulan science bridge officer
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Just to note here that you CANNOT make proper Denobulans in the character creator.

While they have the forehead piece there is no chin piece. The closest chin piece is actually the Cardassian one, but that comes with the cardassian neck scales aswell.

I've been wanting Denobulans since i first played the tutorial, though apparently Cryptic wanted Pakleds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigabeard
I noticed there were no denobulans in the later series. I searched around for info about this, but couldn't find anything.
That would have been a quick search considering there are no later series, Enterprise was the last Star Trek series to be filmed. The reason you don't see them in TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY is because they were all created before ENT and the species they created for it hadn't been thought up to be introduced.

Short of getting George Lucas to bankroll and creatively redevelop Star Trek, we won't be seeing any digital additions of these species in these series. Interesting to note though, the videogame Elite Force 2 did include Denobulans in it's ships crew.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Just to note here that you CANNOT make proper Denobulans in the character creator.

While they have the forehead piece there is no chin piece. The closest chin piece is actually the Cardassian one, but that comes with the cardassian neck scales aswell.

I've been wanting Denobulans since i first played the tutorial, though apparently Cryptic wanted Pakleds...

That would have been a quick search considering there are no later series, Enterprise was the last Star Trek series to be filmed. The reason you don't see them in TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY is because they were all created before ENT and the species they created for it hadn't been thought up to be introduced.

Short of getting George Lucas to bankroll and creatively redevelop Star Trek, we won't be seeing any digital additions of these species in these series. Interesting to note though, the videogame Elite Force 2 did include Denobulans in it's ships crew.
I apologize for the confusion, when I said "later series" I meant in the timeline. I'm well aware ENT was the last series to be aired, but in the Trek universe its events occur prior to the events in all other series.

I admit I haven't seen every episode of every series, and the only novel I have read based on Star Trek is 'Kahless'. When I searched for info on the fate of Denobulans, I was hoping there was something I missed between the TV series, novels, and other lore. Maybe Cryptic will write the next chapter of the denobulans history into STO.
Closed Thread