Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
This is not a huge balancing sort of thing or change but after having flown in ships with these pets I have come to realize that a small change could be very useful. It probably applies to carriers too but I have not played them so I cannot comment.

It would be handy if you could get a little icon for your pets with their shields and health like you do for your team mates so you could monitor them more easily and easily select them for healing. I do not really like having my parts sizzling in space and doing nothing when I could be recombining and switching modes. It could also give a good heads up to where enemy fire is going when one of the Pets ends up tanking. I suppose Carriers probably would love this even more than me but it would be a handy little thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2 Distraction
06-26-2011, 04:57 AM
I would agree with that. Not knowing the condition of GalR and MVAM pets can be rather distracting in both pvp and pve.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-26-2011, 01:30 PM
have thought the same thing when i was flying my MVAM Prometheus or the Galaxy-R

i also noticed that the MVAM pets seem to fall behind a lot, would be really cool if they could fly in formation like the BOffs do when out of combat and go to full impulse when they are to far away. etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
have thought the same thing when i was flying my MVAM Prometheus or the Galaxy-R

i also noticed that the MVAM pets seem to fall behind a lot, would be really cool if they could fly in formation like the BOffs do when out of combat and go to full impulse when they are to far away. etc.
To add to that, I think it would be cool if, when the system has been put in place, that our First Officer (and Chief of Security for the MVAM) would command one of the pets and have all four of their space abilities next to the pet's icon, kinda like how it is set up for ground combat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO-OptimusPrime View Post
To add to that, I think it would be cool if, when the system has been put in place, that our First Officer (and Chief of Security for the MVAM) would command one of the pets and have all four of their space abilities next to the pet's icon, kinda like how it is set up for ground combat.
While that may be a nice upgrade it would not really be Cannon. The problem being that the parts are meant to operate via computer control not via input from the Officers. So really they are SUPPOSED to be AI flown not directed by you. The only thing the Living person is supposed to do is to give them a target and a general attack plan.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
While that may be a nice upgrade it would not really be Cannon. The problem being that the parts are meant to operate via computer control not via input from the Officers. So really they are SUPPOSED to be AI flown not directed by you. The only thing the Living person is supposed to do is to give them a target and a general attack plan.
Just so I'm clear, are you talking about the "pets"? Because it's only true for the MVAM ships. And theres nothing to say that you can't have an officer on each one controlling it. We only saw the prototype that was all computer controlled.


I'd like to be able to have my saucer section use the same weapons that my star drive is. The phaser banks on it are much stronger, right now I only use the saucer as a distraction when I'm facing a number of enemies, it would be nice if I could use it to do some actual damage.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Interestingly enough, MSDs I have seen for the Prometheus show three warp cores, and three computer cores, but only one bridge. Of course, there could be an "Emergency Control Room" in each of the other two parts, but my thinking is that the ship is so small that it was intended for all three sections to remain under the command of the one bridge. (And it has a pretty tiny bridge as well)

OTOH, someone needs to lead the security teams in each of the three sections, and I suppose there needs to be a backup in case the enemy somehow jams the communications between the three sections.

Technically speaking, though, the bridge crew should split between the three sections. (Or the Saucer for the Galaxy class) So I wouldn't count on it buying you additional BO slots.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-06-2011, 04:26 PM
I fully agree with the OPs suggestion and would like to add my own:

Make Saucer Separation a choose-your component power like the MVAM Prometheus.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-06-2011, 04:59 PM
I would really love a display for my Galaxy Saucer as I use it a lot, but sometimes in the heat of battle I don't notice that it's been destroyed

The same goes for my Tac's MVAM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-06-2011, 05:11 PM
MVAM is the most overpowered escort thanks to the boff layout as well that the individual (flyable sections) have too much health and/or are too fast (Yeah, not likely to get too much support on this particular forum, but 99% of PvPers would agree)

However, this suggestion I do agree with. Not just for those two ships mentioned, but for all ships that have pets. Empowering players to have more control over their setup is never a bad thing.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:14 PM.