Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Here are some suggestions to improve the look and feel of Deep Space Nine, that would hopefully make it a more social zone! Add your suggestions to the thread!

- Change the lighting throughout the station to give it a darker feel
- Animate the sprocket doors on the promenade and scale the doorways down to give them a more accurate look
- Have Quark's bar be the same zone as the promenade, so that passers by can see the action inside!
- Modify the inside of Quark's bar to appear as it did in the show and modify the lighting accordingly
- Have ambient patron noise on the Promenade and loud patron noise in Quarks to assist in making Quark's the social hot spot of the station
- Add NPC events, such as a fight breaking out between a group of rowdy patrons once every 30 minutes or so, and have a security team come in to break it up and lead some of them away
- Animate and beautify the Dabo wheel!
- Consider opening Deep Space Nine to the Klingon faction?
- Add more items that can be purcahsed with Dabo winnings.

What else...?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-25-2011, 05:00 PM
In all reality, they need to add all of the missing areas. Such as Sisko's Office, Bashir's sickbay, Garak's Tailor shop, etc.

Also, they need to make the station feel more ALIVE, give it the Qro'nos/Defera treatment, also, give Quarks some "life." WIth Morn included.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-25-2011, 05:26 PM
OR, they could do that that Bolian engineer suggested during one of the DS9 missions and just scrap it and build a brand new Federation Starbase near the wormhole.
This would resolve all the problems they are having with Federation technology being incompatible to 60 year old cardassian junk...

On this new Station, they could easily bild a new bar featuring Mourn/Quark
A nice Sickbay for Bashir, A new Docking ring and even a Temple for the Bajorans.
Unfortunately we all know that that isn't going to happen

And NO: no opening DS9 to Klingons until the war is over.
The station belongs to the Federation, not the Klingons, so no entering for them until they finally decide to stop this war and retake their old place in the mightiest allience of the whole Milky way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdidy View Post
In all reality, they need to add all of the missing areas. Such as Sisko's Office, Bashir's sickbay, Garak's Tailor shop, etc.

Also, they need to make the station feel more ALIVE, give it the Qro'nos/Defera treatment, also, give Quarks some "life." WIth Morn included.
I agree! Garak's Tailor shop could have a long lost cousin or nephew of his running it. The Uniform Tailor MUST be in his shop. That it is not is a great travesty!

Bashir's Infirmary should be where the CMO is located. Obviously that character should sell the Regeneratior (for healing injuries), AND Hyposprays.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
OR, they could do that that Bolian engineer suggested during one of the DS9 missions and just scrap it and build a brand new Federation Starbase near the wormhole.
This would resolve all the problems they are having with Federation technology being incompatible to 60 year old cardassian junk...

On this new Station, they could easily bild a new bar featuring Mourn/Quark
A nice Sickbay for Bashir, A new Docking ring and even a Temple for the Bajorans.
Unfortunately we all know that that isn't going to happen

And NO: no opening DS9 to Klingons until the war is over.
The station belongs to the Federation, not the Klingons, so no entering for them until they finally decide to stop this war and retake their old place in the mightiest allience of the whole Milky way.
Scrap DS9... what, no way. The station has a lot of history, seen many fights. During the opening of the Dominion War it held out in a fire fight against the Cardasians and Jem'hadar warships long enough for the Defiant to lay the mines in front of the the Wormhole. The Bolian did have a point I will give him that, Cryptic does need to scrap the current DS9 maps... all of them and redo the entire station to make it feel more like the one in the show, smaller corridors, rooms with furniture (like The O'Breins' Quarters, or Bashir's) Quark's does need to be non loading, and changed to look like the real Quark's Odo Security office needs to be there.

The Docking ring needs to be it's own zone, also access to the Runabout landing pads, and DS9 Storage areas. Sisco's office (now Col Nurese's office, as seen in the last scene on "What We Leave Behind". The CIC needs to look active, right now it's dullsville, have NPC walk around with PADDs and handing them to the Senior Staff. the Transporter needs to be the Beam in Zone for the station, not the Promenade.

Now onto the actual Station's space zone, update Terok'Nor to look like an even older Terok'Nor (for those who don't know Terok'Nor is Deep Space Nine's Cardasian name) Have the Defiant docked at the Docking Ring and depart to the wormhole every now and then. the Station needs to be scaled to ship sizes, there are reference pictures with a Galaxy, Intrepid, Defiant, and Nebula Class starships docked at the station. And just for aesthetic reasons can we get the comet that we see at the opening scene of Deep Space Nine.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Generally, social zones could have more activity going on, some random events between NPCs that suggest that their is life to the station.

In DS9, aside from making the station interior look more like the real one (including mission areas), it would be nice if there would be people walking through the station and talking to the various traders. If there were a flood of passengers arriving and walking through the promenade occasionally.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-27-2011, 12:48 AM
I want holo Garak with stories about his life :<
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8 DS9 refit
06-27-2011, 06:37 AM
I agree with the OP. Quark's needs to be more open and non-instanced. We should be able to peer into the bar and see whats goin on. A holographic Morn or Morn himself in his usual chair would be the cherry on top too. As for the rest of the station, it needs ambiance, a little darker more backround noise and I liked the idea of having security breaking up a fight every now and then. DS9 just seems to be an untapped resource for alot of good things to revamp and have more mini-games and such. It really should be the best social zone in the game! Oh and they really, really need to fix the wormhole graphic and maybe actually let us go and explore the Gamma Quadrant a little.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_wirge
to the Runabout landing pads, and DS9 Storage areas. Sisco's office (now Col Nurese's office, as seen in the last scene on "What We Leave Behind". The CIC needs to look active, right now it's dullsville, have NPC walk around with PADDs and handing them to the Senior Staff. the Transporter needs to be the Beam in Zone for the station, not the Promenade..
Actually now, it's Comm Ro's. Kiera retired.

But I agree, DS9 needs some love. I was disappointed with the lack of stuff to do there. I really wanted in the commanders office and see the baseball on the desk. Hopefully we get some updates to it soon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-02-2011, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_wirge
Now onto the actual Station's space zone, update Terok'Nor to look like an even older Terok'Nor (for those who don't know Terok'Nor is Deep Space Nine's Cardasian name) Have the Defiant docked at the Docking Ring and depart to the wormhole every now and then. the Station needs to be scaled to ship sizes, there are reference pictures with a Galaxy, Intrepid, Defiant, and Nebula Class starships docked at the station. And just for aesthetic reasons can we get the comet that we see at the opening scene of Deep Space Nine.
There's a slight problem with this... DS9 has actually changed size to suit what's been docked to it a few times. I think we can all agree it does need to be a lot smaller though, I think scaling it to the Galaxy/Nebula would be best. I remember parking up at one of the pylons and being shocked at how small my ship seemed.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 PM.