Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Unable to Rank Up?
06-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Playing another tactical alt, one that I actually plan to level unlike the last one, I've found I am actually having trouble doing so.

I've got enough skill points, spent them, got the promotion mission, but my rank doesn't actually go up. I even did the optional promotion ceremony mission, and can spend skill points in my next rank's skills (Captain), but I'm still listed as a Commander. Dropping and retaking the promotion mission doesn't seem to help, nor does relogging.

I submitted a ticket, but the response was that I had to "complete the mission named Rank". I don't know what that's supposed to mean. There's no missions I've ever seen named "Rank" and if they mean the Promotion mission I'm on, that's exactly what I'm stuck on. I can't complete it. I'm at the part where you're supposed to choose a new ship with the ship token you received, but when I try to do that, it tells me it requires the Captain rank.

I do have multiple free ship slots, so it's not that.

Here is a screenshot I took with as much relevant information to my issue as I could include:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9...r14nolevel.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Did you go in to see Adml Quinn? and then go to the Auditorium??

Those two steps constitute the Promotion Mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Did you go in to see Adml Quinn? and then go to the Auditorium??

Those two steps constitute the Promotion Mission.
As I stated in my original post, I already did the optional quest that takes place in the auditorium (even though that part isn't necessary).

Also, I said that not only did I get the quest, but dropping it and retaking it doesn't help, and you can see in my screenshot that I am on the main promotion quest, and stuck at that one step.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
As I stated in my original post, I already did the optional quest that takes place in the auditorium (even though that part isn't necessary).

Also, I said that not only did I get the quest, but dropping it and retaking it doesn't help, and you can see in my screenshot that I am on the main promotion quest, and stuck at that one step.
To get the Actual Promotion you have to report to Admiral Quinn. Did you do that?

Oh, and go get your next level ship??
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Yes, as I said I did, and you can see that I did in the screenshot.

Take a look at the screenshot I posted?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:

Escalate it andattach a link to that screenshot. If that screenshot is accurate something is definitely strange. Either it's not recognizing you completed te aptain promotion mission; or there's some other data glitch on that character.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:

Ok, Try what Armsman said, and also, can you hover over the Rank Bar at Top, and post Screen shot of that?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Ok, Try what Armsman said, and also, can you hover over the Rank Bar at Top, and post Screen shot of that?
Um....okay. Does this help at all?

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5...1062612435.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
That sure answers my question. Thanks for the patience.

That Screen shot should definitely be sent in for the Bug Report. If you submitted an in game ticket, I do not see the Ticket Number in your OP. If you could get one and post it here, it will help Moderators maintain Continuity with this problem.

Maybe GMJahia will forward it for you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I didn't write down the ticket numbers, and I see no way of finding out what the numbers are now. When I view my current tickets, the number isn't mentioned.

The number for my followup ticket was caught in my first screenshot though, in the chat window, in which I included the link to this thread.

My first ticket was responded to with instructions to "complete the mission named Ranks."

I have no idea what that means.

I was actually hoping to try to get to VA this weekend with the Q boost and everything. I even used my 8 hour skill boost item, but I hit Commander 11 after only an hour of play, and have been kinda stuck since. I could keep trying to do missions as I am now (I made it to Commander 14 as it is), but I want to have fun doing it too, and that would be easier if I could use some iconic, Captain level ships.