Lt. Commander
i have a weird issue on the laptop i use to play, and i don't know how to look up a fix. everything i've searched for has not helped.

here's what happens...

when i log on to the game, and get to the screen to choose a character - it automatically asks me if i want to delete my character?! confirm delete?

of course, i hit no or cancel, but it immediately comes back.... so i have to hit Esc repeatedly until i can click next with the right timing.
...then i can start the game.

also:

in combat, my weapons automatically fire even though they are not set to do so or i de-select a target.

because of both of these issues, i've deduced that it is as if my number "2" key on my keyboard is always firing. but as you can see here... ( ) it doesn't do it all the time?! ...or ever?! ...except while playing STO.

(a friend guessed that it could be something about key binding, but if that were true - it wouldn't do it on the first screen, too.)

so anyway... weird, right? i would prefer that this not happen, but at least i CAN get into the game.

thanks for any help you can provide.

(UPDATE: oh yes, and when i view my online friends it immediately tries to invite my top person to join team like five times.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Can you try a different keyboard if you have one laying around gathering dust?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-27-2011, 11:19 AM
If your existing keyboard supports macros, try disabling them. If you have not already reset your keybinds, do that as well. If the issue was truly a stuck key, you would see this behavior outside the game too.