Lt. Commander
# 1 Edited
06-25-2011, 05:24 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-25-2011, 05:28 PM
*clap*
well said
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonperformmance_of_Borg
*clap*
well said
Agreed

If only ST-Prime had a wider appeal and the dev team were twice its current size
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-25-2011, 06:02 PM
agree with much of this with some addendiums.

1: regarding content for everyone: with this in mind the MMO company should NOT forget their primary market. this actually corrasponds to a subscriber being worth more then a possiable one. if the VAST majority of your game are casual players who like to group up in Pugs and run a dungeon etc, don't spend all your design time pumping out insanely hard, hard core raiding material. by all means put some in, but if the majority of your content over the last few years isn't being used by the majority of your player base, you're screwing up.

2: regarding your "everyone should listen to me I was right" comment. really that makes you just come off as arrogant and hurts your arguement over all.

truthfully I think the biggest lesson we can take from SWG is that no matter how strong your IP is, you can't sell a game based on that alone
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Agreed

If only ST-Prime had a wider appeal and the dev team were twice its current size
wide public appeal isn't a recipie for sucess. Star Wars is argueably the most popular franchise in history. and look at SWG.

the secrect to a good MMO is to not try and produce the next ********, but to produce as good a game as you can, for the niche market that is working for ya.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
2: regarding your "everyone should listen to me I was right" comment. really that makes you just come off as arrogant and hurts your arguement over all....
Yeah, thats where i stopped reading.
No offense please.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
WARNING!! WALL OF TEXT COMING UP!

What can we learn from the demise of Star Wars Galaxies?

Well, first of all, people need to start listening to me. I predicted the end of Galaxies, almost to the day.
Yeah, you and hundreds of other people. Guess there is no shortage of self proclaimed experts on the internet. Sorry, but your opinion means no more to me than any other random joe.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Most importantly, we can learn that as long as no one releases a bigger, prettier, better hyped Star Trek MMO, we'll probably last a while despite our flaws.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Most importantly, we can learn that as long as no one releases a bigger, prettier, better hyped Star Trek MMO, we'll probably last a while despite our flaws.
indeed, I don't think it's a concidance SWG is shutting down proably close to when TOR releases. one way or another TOR was the likely death of SWG as suddenly one of the few things that made SWG stand out in the crowd of ageing and fadeing MMOs was the lisence.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-25-2011, 06:31 PM
I use to play that game as a jedi male-(main) and entertainer female, the only thing i will miss is the space flight portion. Though i only got as far as tier three of the mercenary fighters.
Closed Thread