Lt. Commander
# 1 Nerf the Breen Capital Ships
06-26-2011, 02:29 AM
I just got my butt handed to me twice today by the Desna at Outpost 3 (I gave up after about an hour of punishment), and the Snook in the partol. Nerf the damage and hull repair on all of these ships!

Other suggestions:
Make them appear once in every three times a player enters the area.

Consider turing the ship around. The way it moves around the map, it looks like it is moving backwards.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Sigh...

what is it with sto players (or is it mmos genrally?).. instead of thinking "oh, i died.. i must be doing something wrong" its "oh i died, It can not be! I'm captain Kirk! NERF!"

Lt. Commander
# 3
06-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Man, I love the Desna. I remember on my first char trying to solo it at Commander level. Back before I used binds and clicked on everything. It was very fun. I just wish I could encounter it more often. It would make those dailies a little more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Don't nerf my PvE!

If you're having issues fighting NPC ships, look into the following things:

If it takes long to take them down:
Do you run high weapon power (remember, when you switch a ship, you get the default power setting!)?
Do you run with weapons appropriate of your level?
Do you use tactical powers that boost your weapon damage?

If they hit you too hard:
Do you run high shield power? (more shield power means faster regeneration and more shield damage reduction)
Do you run Emergency Power to Shields or similar powers that grant shield damage reduction?
Do you distribute shield power to reinforce weakened shields?
Do you have hull heals like Hazard Emitters, Engineering Team and Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field?
Do you have shield heals like Transfer Shield Strength or Science Team?

Oh, and make sure your space bar is working and that you are flying at a difficulty level you are comfortable with (Normal, Advanced or Elite)
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-26-2011, 03:55 AM
all that helps and all but lets be honest.

You can do elite difficulty with 2 epts and a hazard and tss.. maybe use a engi team if the got a plasma proc or something on you. and remember ot balance ur shields.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-26-2011, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Don't nerf my PvE!

Do you run high weapon power (remember, when you switch a ship, you get the default power setting!)?

Do you run high shield power? (more shield power means faster regeneration and more shield damage reduction)
Do you run Emergency Power to Shields or similar powers that grant shield damage reduction?
Do you have hull heals like Hazard Emitters, Engineering Team and Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field?

Oh, and make sure your space bar is working and that you are flying at a difficulty level you are comfortable with (Normal, Advanced or Elite)
On the Weapon power: Yes, yes, and yes. I always set the priority to weapons. My weapons are the max that I can equip at that level. I use all of my powers such that when I die, their cool down is over halfway done.

Oh shields: No, my priority is to weapons, Yes, and I time it to maximize its use (yellow on all sides, and I balance sheilds to achieve this). Yes, I am often using my mouse to balace shileds, and my spacebar to fire all weapons simultaniously.
My set up is to use Science team first, then Emergency to sheilds, then engineering team to heal such that the cool downs of the teams are staggered.

I am a pro who has done Infected numerous times. When fighting hard enemies like the capital ships I have nothing but the best equiped. For a challenge, when doing exploration or lower level missions, I use only white common items. For giggles, I did Infected with a PUG team using only white common MK ten items and still was owning the Borg. It is not user error. Those darn things really are too hard!
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-26-2011, 04:25 AM
I beat the capital ships alone, in less than 5 mins, on elite, in my defiant retrofit.

They are fine.

You probably make the same mistake as anyone else: You allow then to get their front to you.... STAY behind them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You probably make the same mistake as anyone else: You allow then to get their front to you.... STAY behind them.
Damn it you beat me to it! Yes, stay behind the Breen Capital ships and you won't have to worry about anything. They're chumps with out their Tyken's rift.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-26-2011, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Don't nerf my PvE!

Very Nice.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
My set up is to use Science team first, then Emergency to sheilds, then engineering team to heal such that the cool downs of the teams are staggered.
Science Team first? That seems to be pre-Season 2 Wisdom. Science Team used to grant you shield resistance, but season 2 changed the powers a lot. Science Team provides a shield heal, a skill buff and clears science debuffs, so it is best used reactively. But Emergency Power to Shields grants you a considerable amount of shield resistance, and thus it must be used early in the fight.

Of course, in the STFs you fight mostly Borg, and there your shields are often down regardless of what resistances you manage to attain - for those, you need different approaches, and definitely need to consider more hull tanking (thankfully one of the useful skills for that, Hazard Emitters, is also a counter to the shield drain.)

I am not sure if the Breen Battleship also uses a Subnucleonic Beam (SNB) like the Cruiser, but it seems the advice "stay behind it" is also a good one. (And if an enemy uses SNB, wait for that SNB to hit before you use Emergency Power to Shields. THat might be case where you can indeed use Science Team first - but still after the SNB)