Lt. Commander
# 11
06-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Leave the capital ships alone, I wish there were more encounters like them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-26-2011, 12:59 PM
i just broadside till the shield drops (beam boat) then reverse shiels polarity wait for the shield to drop again then pop a few torps in and swich the side i'm broad siding with. takes a while but i dont think they ever got me below 60% hull (using things like EPtS, hazards, beam fire at will for the fighters, and engi team)

it's like fighting a giant killer whale, keep behind it and theres not much it can do
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
I beat the capital ships alone, in less than 5 mins, on elite, in my defiant retrofit.

They are fine.

You probably make the same mistake as anyone else: You allow then to get their front to you.... STAY behind them.
i agree completely when i faced the Desha and the Snook (still have to find the Istapp... i swear, it has a lower spawn rate than the others), if i was ever in front of them, i would quickly go down the 'they're handing my arse to me' route... but my playstyle is naturally stay to the side or back of my enemies, so once i got out out of the front, the rest was relativally easy
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
i agree completely when i faced the Desha and the Snook (still have to find the Istapp... i swear, it has a lower spawn rate than the others), if i was ever in front of them, i would quickly go down the 'they're handing my arse to me' route... but my playstyle is naturally stay to the side or back of my enemies, so once i got out out of the front, the rest was relativally easy
i got istapp and desha on 2 charicters, never even seen Snook once. i think its all random
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-26-2011, 01:14 PM
ill admit i only played it on normal but it was no more difficult that a battleship. i spent most of my time more concerned with taking some nice photo's of it.

it may get a lot tougher at higher difficulties, i dont know but the ship is optional and a dreadnought. its meant to be tough. so no i dont see the need to nerf anything.

if anything these encounters should be tougher and always there so that it encourages you to get a team together to take it down.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-26-2011, 08:27 PM
I have to respectfully disagree.

No. Do NOT nerf anything.

If there were any changes to be made, it should be made MORE difficult and actually require the use one's brains instead of faceroll on the keyboard...

*grumble*
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Don't nerf the Breen Capital Ships or any other PVE element, they are simple enough already. It always seems that a few people have bad builds and can't spec their Toon or Ship right and the first thing they do is whine that the game is to hard and want it nerfed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-27-2011, 02:11 AM
No Nerf !!!

Make them appear more frequently :/ Would be nice
... But NO NERF !

They are fine the way they are, that's why they are "Capital ships" and not
"Random-u-can-kill-easily-while-showering"-ships !

In fact, if they should be changed somehow, they should get more support-vessels or higher HP
I like the capital ships ^^

MORE OF THEM !
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-27-2011, 02:37 AM
My luck eh...i never met those capital ships...
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-27-2011, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
My luck eh...i never met those capital ships...
Its just slightly more powerful than the Cruiser.. Think Breen cruiser with a handful fighters and a Tykens

Id like to see it more difficult actually.. All these special accolade things should be a lot harder to accomplish than they are..

Buff it to STF Cube stats... 800k hull, high damage and regen, would be a good start.