Lt. Commander
# 1 Proper Galaxy Class Interior
06-26-2011, 10:13 AM
I know a lot of people are really thrilled about the TOS C-Store pack. It all looks REALLY nice from the bridge, to the engine room, and even the llil class F shuttle you get. I'm still not really interested in it though.

This is supposed to be the future and all that tech looks like something out of the 1960s

I'm holding out for a proper Galaxy class interior: bridge (I know there's a "close" one in game but it's not perfect), corridors, main engineering, transporter room, ten forward, the works. With 7 seasons of eps to work from it can't be that hard to reference everything.

So I'm wondering who else out there is in the same position I am and is there any word from a dev on whether this is coming soon? I'd pay for it in a second.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakyre View Post
I know a lot of people are really thrilled about the TOS C-Store pack. It all looks REALLY nice from the bridge, to the engine room, and even the llil class F shuttle you get. I'm still not really interested in it though.

This is supposed to be the future and all that tech looks like something out of the 1960s

I'm holding out for a proper Galaxy class interior: bridge (I know there's a "close" one in game but it's not perfect), corridors, main engineering, transporter room, ten forward, the works. With 7 seasons of eps to work from it can't be that hard to reference everything.

So I'm wondering who else out there is in the same position I am and is there any word from a dev on whether this is coming soon? I'd pay for it in a second.
I'd love it if they came out with the proper Galaxy class interior, I grew up on TNG so even though I have respect for TOS paving the way, there really should be a TNG interior package. Those are the corridors I know, the engine room where La Forge worked countless hours, the storage rooms that Worf would get his butt handed to him almost constantly, the Bridge and all it's awesome. I wouldn't care if it cost more then the Dreadnought, I'd buy it the second it became available.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I was quite small at the time, but I remember BBC2 on Wednesdays, 5pm, TNG time! T'was my favourite part of the week I think. Except for "Skin of Evil", that scared small me rather a lot.

I wouldn't mind seeing a proper Galaxy interior, it'd work for the Nebula as well I think. I know they can do those style corridors the right size, because there were plenty like that on hte Starbase you raid in "Keep your enemies Closer" for the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-26-2011, 10:23 AM
I completely agree. Really hoping that they continue to make ship/bridge packs similar to the TOS set. Absolutely adore the TNG Engineering room, especially compared to the abomination of an engineering room we have now... (not Cryptic's fault, I just dislike the design of the Sovvie engineering room)
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
Yeah, I was quite small at the time, but I remember BBC2 on Wednesdays, 5pm, TNG time! T'was my favourite part of the week I think. Except for "Skin of Evil", that scared small me rather a lot.
Awwww, yea that Tar monster (Armus) was pretty scary. Especially the way he dragged Riker into the pool and you saw his tar covered face pop out lol.

I grew up on TNG too... I remember saturday nights at 6pm sitting down EVERY week with my dad to watch the new eps. That's Star Trek to me... and I think a lot of others out there too. It's what really kicked off the franchise... DS9 and Voyager BOTH took most of their cues from TNG. Being 28 years old now I figure I'm in an age group shared by a lot of the player base (maybe I'm a lil younger) but either way I think TONS of people would welcome this addition.

If nothing else at least the game has a T5 galaxy refit to use the interiors in... what VA is gonna bring their T1 TOS Constitution into a pvp fight? or on an STF?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-26-2011, 10:50 AM
We already BOUGHT one new Galaxy bridge. Remember? It's the one with holes in the floor to space, the borked up LCARS panels, and is so huge it feels like standing in the food court of the local mall. It was one of the many rip offs that made me swear off the c-store.

So, do we PAY for another one. A good one that is the right size, has care taken in how the meshes line up and doesn't cut the panels in two? Or, do they go back and fix the one we already shelled out cash for?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Get your wallets out if you really want a good one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-26-2011, 11:08 AM
latest word from dStahl (in some audio interview) was that the next interior to get some love would be the DEFAULT one that EVERYBODY has.

I agree that the default one should be on par and that the one released with Season 2? or 3? was just pushed out the door because People kept asking for it but wasn't ready by any means.

So, first the default one,
then Galaxy, Sovereign, Intrepid, Defiant, Prometheus, Luna etc. ....or give us the means to do it ourself with the Foundry and share what we did in the Exchange or some other way.

C-Store / Free / don't care just "get it done" ^^
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryhausen
We already BOUGHT one new Galaxy bridge. Remember? It's the one with holes in the floor to space, the borked up LCARS panels, and is so huge it feels like standing in the food court of the local mall. It was one of the many rip offs that made me swear off the c-store.

So, do we PAY for another one. A good one that is the right size, has care taken in how the meshes line up and doesn't cut the panels in two? Or, do they go back and fix the one we already shelled out cash for?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Get your wallets out if you really want a good one.

Ya if they come out with an authentic Galaxy interior, bet your bottom dollar I'd buy it. I know some people feel they've been wronged by the C-Store or feel that it's evil, to those people I extend this invitation: If this bridge becomes available I invite you to my ship so you may inspect it and see if Cryptic has done their job right.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-26-2011, 11:19 AM
This is one of the questions I posed for the next Ask Cryptic. I'm hoping DStahl gives it an answer...

What would remastered interiors mean for people who already purchased the "canon" bridges? I'm not paying twice for something I should have had from the beginning.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Yup I want a TNG pack. We're talking:

Jumpsuit uniforms (Seasons 1 and 2)
Old Crewman uniforms (Think Lore in Datalore)
TNG Skirts (Troi in Encounter at Farpoint)
Dustbuster phasers
TNG interiors
Summonable "Armus, Skin of Evil" combat pet
Echo Papa 607 support drone
Bynar BOFFS

I could go on for days.