Lt. Commander
# 11
06-26-2011, 12:26 PM
My thinking was that it might be best for them to go chronologically up.

They've got the TOS interior up. Next would be the TMP one (probably patterned after Star Trek II+III, with perhaps alternate texture skins to match the Star Trek VI era) so to provide adequate interiors for Constitution Refits and Excelsiors. Heck, didn't the Ambassador-class set also pick up from there?

That way, as they keep going up, each era is checked off. They could very well do it for a more tangible purpose at the same time, such as a mission occurring aboard another Excelsior/Ambassador-class vessel, for example (no need to go as far as time travel when we've got the ships already in-game). They could use that very same environment to remaster the interior of missions such as the ones where you go help the U.S.S. Kirk fend of B'vat's boarding teams, or have Q send you back into the past to stop Borg from killing Sisko on the Saratoga.

Steadily, they could keep continuing making interior sets and insert them in-game - the Galaxy-class layout would be next, and could again be inserted in to remaster some environments accordingly. Defiant-style interiors then follow up (I'm at a loss to have them match an existing mission, though); and after Sovereign-style which could match the Assault Cruisers just as much as they'd match the Luna-class/Vesta-class (once introduced).

After dealing with all those precedents and working on lessons learned, I could see the environment team pitching in on an improved 25th-century interior layout. It'd be even better if they could have some of those be more modern restylings of smaller ship layouts too.

But that's... a lot of work. ~_~
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryhausen
We already BOUGHT one new Galaxy bridge. Remember? It's the one with holes in the floor to space, the borked up LCARS panels, and is so huge it feels like standing in the food court of the local mall. It was one of the many rip offs that made me swear off the c-store.

So, do we PAY for another one. A good one that is the right size, has care taken in how the meshes line up and doesn't cut the panels in two? Or, do they go back and fix the one we already shelled out cash for?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Get your wallets out if you really want a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulDreamer View Post
This is one of the questions I posed for the next Ask Cryptic. I'm hoping DStahl gives it an answer...

What would remastered interiors mean for people who already purchased the "canon" bridges? I'm not paying twice for something I should have had from the beginning.
Harry: I was speaking more about a full TNG set like the TOS one recently released.... not just the bridge.

Dreamer: I was thinking the same thing. Maybe when they come out with the TNG ship pack (properly re-done bridge, full interiors [ten forward, main engineering, sickbay, etc], shuttle, hand phasers, etc) they could give everyone who purchased the previous Galaxy bridge pack the new and improved version... they just wouldn't get the rest of the pack... only the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Do I get a discount because I already bought the bridge part? Probably not.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
My thinking was that it might be best for them to go chronologically up.

They've got the TOS interior up. Next would be the TMP one (probably patterned after Star Trek II+III, with perhaps alternate texture skins to match the Star Trek VI era) so to provide adequate interiors for Constitution Refits and Excelsiors. Heck, didn't the Ambassador-class set also pick up from there?

That way, as they keep going up, each era is checked off. They could very well do it for a more tangible purpose at the same time, such as a mission occurring aboard another Excelsior/Ambassador-class vessel, for example (no need to go as far as time travel when we've got the ships already in-game). They could use that very same environment to remaster the interior of missions such as the ones where you go help the U.S.S. Kirk fend of B'vat's boarding teams, or have Q send you back into the past to stop Borg from killing Sisko on the Saratoga.

Steadily, they could keep continuing making interior sets and insert them in-game - the Galaxy-class layout would be next, and could again be inserted in to remaster some environments accordingly. Defiant-style interiors then follow up (I'm at a loss to have them match an existing mission, though); and after Sovereign-style which could match the Assault Cruisers just as much as they'd match the Luna-class/Vesta-class (once introduced).

After dealing with all those precedents and working on lessons learned, I could see the environment team pitching in on an improved 25th-century interior layout. It'd be even better if they could have some of those be more modern restylings of smaller ship layouts too.

But that's... a lot of work. ~_~
A lot of work, yes. But this idea is a really good one. I know it would take a while to be done, but it would still be good to see accurate Bridges for some of the featured Starships.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakyre View Post
I know a lot of people are really thrilled about the TOS C-Store pack. It all looks REALLY nice from the bridge, to the engine room, and even the llil class F shuttle you get. I'm still not really interested in it though.

This is supposed to be the future and all that tech looks like something out of the 1960s

I'm holding out for a proper Galaxy class interior: bridge (I know there's a "close" one in game but it's not perfect), corridors, main engineering, transporter room, ten forward, the works. With 7 seasons of eps to work from it can't be that hard to reference everything.

So I'm wondering who else out there is in the same position I am and is there any word from a dev on whether this is coming soon? I'd pay for it in a second.
Well I'd also like to have a proper interior for the Intrepid and Sovereign class ships.

The point being we can't really get a Galaxy interior without creating interiors for every other ship, as the Galaxy isn't everyone's favorite class.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwag
Well I'd also like to have a proper interior for the Intrepid and Sovereign class ships.

The point being we can't really get a Galaxy interior without creating interiors for every other ship, as the Galaxy isn't everyone's favorite class.
I understand that the Galaxy isn't EVERYONE'S favorite ship... but by your logic we wouldn't even have the TOS interiors that are already out.

I'm just wondering if it's in the works and who else out there would love to see it
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakyre View Post
I understand that the Galaxy isn't EVERYONE'S favorite ship... but by your logic we wouldn't even have the TOS interiors that are already out.

I'm just wondering if it's in the works and who else out there would love to see it

This.

As a side note I think we should progress through the shows to get the broadest possible of spectrum of players happy before doing more TOS stuff with their movie sets. Id recommend an order like this:

TOS (Already done)
TNG - Galaxy
DS9 - Defiant
VOY - Intrepid

TOS Movies - Constitution Refit = TOS ST II and ST III Interiors - BOP
TNG Movies - Sovereign

This way we hit a broad spectrum of ships not just "TOS Cruiser, TOS Crusier, TNG Cruiser, TNG Cruiser...what? People who don't fly cruisers want new interiors? Well too bad for those freaks..."
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaran
This.

As a side note I think we should progress through the shows to get the broadest possible of spectrum of players happy before doing more TOS stuff with their movie sets. Id recommend an order like this:

TOS (Already done)
TNG - Galaxy
DS9 - Defiant
VOY - Intrepid

TOS Movies - Constitution Refit = TOS ST II and ST III Interiors - BOP
TNG Movies - Sovereign

This way we hit a broad spectrum of ships not just "TOS Cruiser, TOS Crusier, TNG Cruiser, TNG Cruiser...what? People who don't fly cruisers want new interiors? Well too bad for those freaks..."
but....but....but......i want the voyager one lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
but....but....but......i want the voyager one lol
Me too...Me too...

Edit: Actually...I just noticed something

The first appearance of the Defiant was episode 1 of season 3 which aired in 1996, Voyager first appeared in 1995 perhaps we can make an argument that chronologically speaking the Intrepid should come first!
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaran
Me too...Me too...

Edit: Actually...I just noticed something

The first appearance of the Defiant was episode 1 of season 3 which aired in 1996, Voyager first appeared in 1995 perhaps we can make an argument that chronologically speaking the Intrepid should come first!
=O i shall prove this...to the courts!