Lt. Commander
# 1 Do Captain skills affect Boffs
06-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Do captain skills affect BoFs. For instance if a tac specs into his weapons does it affect the dmg of his BoFfs, and a Sci who specs into his medical bits, does that increase his Boffs healing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
Do captain skills affect BoFs. For instance if a tac specs into his weapons does it affect the dmg of his BoFfs, and a Sci who specs into his medical bits, does that increase his Boffs healing?
Yes. You can see which skills effect BOFF skills by using the pulldown menu in the upper right corner of your Captain's skill page.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-20-2011, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Yes. You can see which skills effect BOFF skills by using the pulldown menu in the upper right corner of your Captain's skill page.
I'm not sure they do any more. I recently respecced a couple of my Bridge Officers on Holodeck. After training them I noticed that before I put the 9 points into their ground skills they had very weak heals (I'd trained Medical Tricorder 3) but when I put the full 9 points into the Officers skill the heal from MT3 was a little higher than the MT3 on my Medic Kit (I was fully skilled for ground heals at the time). I've also not noticed a drop in the heals they give on Holodeck since I took the points out of the team leader skills compared to when I had 9 points in them, so I'm working under the assumption that the points you spend in there skills are doing all the boosting, with the Team Leader skills boosting the Space skills like Engineering Team/ Science Team/ Tactical Team.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-20-2011, 06:49 AM
(Just to add to Militis' above post) Personally, I don't put any points into the Tier 1 Leader skills. I find the bonus negligible to my Boffs abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
I'm not sure they do any more. I recently respecced a couple of my Bridge Officers on Holodeck. After training them I noticed that before I put the 9 points into their ground skills they had very weak heals (I'd trained Medical Tricorder 3) but when I put the full 9 points into the Officers skill the heal from MT3 was a little higher than the MT3 on my Medic Kit (I was fully skilled for ground heals at the time). I've also not noticed a drop in the heals they give on Holodeck since I took the points out of the team leader skills compared to when I had 9 points in them, so I'm working under the assumption that the points you spend in there skills are doing all the boosting, with the Team Leader skills boosting the Space skills like Engineering Team/ Science Team/ Tactical Team.
What do you mean? The pull down menu still highlights what captain skills improve BOFF abilities.

Or did you mean you weren't sure if the captain skills affected the BOFF abilities? I haven't run any hard numbers, but my Tac captain's BOFFs do seem to do more damage with their weapons than any of my Engineer or Sci captains, and my Sci captain's BOFFs seem to heal better than the others.. If I get around to it, I might try to get some numbers on some stuff, but who knows when that'll happen.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
What do you mean? The pull down menu still highlights what captain skills improve BOFF abilities.

Or did you mean you weren't sure if the captain skills affected the BOFF abilities? I haven't run any hard numbers, but my Tac captain's BOFFs do seem to do more damage with their weapons than any of my Engineer or Sci captains, and my Sci captain's BOFFs seem to heal better than the others.. If I get around to it, I might try to get some numbers on some stuff, but who knows when that'll happen.
I've never noticed my BOs doing more damage whether I'm playing my ground specced Tactical or Science characters. As they are on Holodeck the rest of the away team is there just for showing off the uniforms and for sharing AoE attacks. The amount of damage they deal is minimal (at VA they seem to do around 13 or so phaser damage from a bolt setting if I remember correctly). I also know that (as of a month ago) having points in Medic skills has no effect on BO heals. On my Science VA (heavily ground specced as a debuffer) my Medics Vascular regenerator 3 heals for 999HP, yet when the same character was specced as a healer the heal from Vascular regenerator was still 999HP (a little higher than the 990HP the same skill did on my Mk X Medic kit).

My original post was in response to the comment about the drop down menu highlighting which skills boost your BOs skills. At the moment on Holodeck if you selected Medical Tricorder from your Medic it would highlight Science Team Leader, yet there's no difference in the strength of the heal between 0 points and 9 points in Science Team Leader. The gain in strength and the reduction in cool down comes from how many points you add to the skill on the officers Skills page. I'm pretty certain that originally Science Team Leader did boost ground skills but it was patched out a long time ago and the skill planner never updated.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
I've never noticed my BOs doing more damage whether I'm playing my ground specced Tactical or Science characters. As they are on Holodeck the rest of the away team is there just for showing off the uniforms and for sharing AoE attacks. The amount of damage they deal is minimal (at VA they seem to do around 13 or so phaser damage from a bolt setting if I remember correctly). I also know that (as of a month ago) having points in Medic skills has no effect on BO heals. On my Science VA (heavily ground specced as a debuffer) my Medics Vascular regenerator 3 heals for 999HP, yet when the same character was specced as a healer the heal from Vascular regenerator was still 999HP (a little higher than the 990HP the same skill did on my Mk X Medic kit).

My original post was in response to the comment about the drop down menu highlighting which skills boost your BOs skills. At the moment on Holodeck if you selected Medical Tricorder from your Medic it would highlight Science Team Leader, yet there's no difference in the strength of the heal between 0 points and 9 points in Science Team Leader. The gain in strength and the reduction in cool down comes from how many points you add to the skill on the officers Skills page. I'm pretty certain that originally Science Team Leader did boost ground skills but it was patched out a long time ago and the skill planner never updated.
The Team Leader skills add to space teams only currently, IIRC, which does kind of make sense as the team skills are listed in an obvious Space boosting area. However, if you boost up your ground science skills (as a Sci captain) that improves things like Medical Tricorder and such, I'm fairly certain you will see an increase on the ground.