Lt. Commander
# 151
07-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
I can certainly understand where Azurian is coming from there though. Currently, exploration doesn't feel like exploration at all. Rather, it feels like you're a fish in a tank racing others for bits of food (or systems/anomolies). It would be so great to have something that fits the title better, especially considering this was one of the big features STO was advertised to have pre-launch.
Dstahl actually used similar language to describe Exploration. It's definitely on the dev radar but it seems further out at the moment (there are fleet activities, possibly starbases, and territory control that seem likely candidates to implement properly first then starting into new exploration concepts).
Lt. Commander
# 152
07-09-2011, 03:37 AM
MMORPG is the laughing stock of the gaming community...... wow druid leveling guide 1-10 part 2...yes, because levels 1-5 were so intense going from 5-10 merited a second article

cutting edge gaming correspondence at it's finest.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/l...e-110-Part-Two

any developer that gives the time of day to that site, or it's community needs to stop so it can die off. Massively might be a carebear site, but at least it has some integrity.

actually I take that back, the user responses in the commentary completely justify the article, I haven't laughed so hard in a while, especially the "can anyone write a guide to peeling an apple for me?"
Lt. Commander
# 153
07-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm not going to pretend the game doesnt have problems, but moving the rating down from the previous review is ridiculous. And actually doing another review 2 weeks before Season 4, but claiming it will be reviewed yet again after it launches, is an utter waste of time
Actually, I think they nailed on the head with a "mediocre" rating. The game isn't quite there yet. The dev team has been at it for over a year and it's time to get moving on some things to make this game better over all.
Lt. Commander
# 154
07-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Sorry, but Season 4's release date of early July has been known for months. To come out with a re-review a few weeks before a major update is seriously stupid. Half of his article has been rendered obsolete....
Lt. Commander
# 155
07-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Reminds me of a great quote. Opinions are like arse holes, everybody has one, but it doesnt make you special. (or right)

Downgrading the score after the game has improved is backward.
Lt. Commander
# 156
07-09-2011, 10:27 AM
That's a terrible review.

CONS: Repititious game play

Are you kidding me?? ITS AN MMO. And it's not even close to half as repititious as some others, when it comes to the grindy end game aspect. Rift or WoW make truly repititious gameplay. "Run this dungeon 50 times to get your upgrade!" "Do this daily quest every day for 6 weeks to get your upgrade!" STO doesn't hold a candle to most MMO's when it comes to repitious gameplay, and counting it against them is a sign of mental retardation.

Innovation: 6/10

STO has two major features that I have never seen in another game before, and I've played a lot of MMO's. And so, an MMO having something new and different is a big deal to me. Demorecord has absolutely spoiled me, and nothing outside Cryptic has anything even remotely like it.

Nevermind UGC and the Foundry.

And reviewing it right before a major patch like that, and even going so far as to lower the score from their original rating when the game is easily better than it was at launch is ridiculous.