Lt. Commander
# 31
06-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
Compared to other MMO's though, it is mediocre. You can happily play STO without ever having to interact with another player and it is much harder in STO to actually interact with other players due to the huge ammount of instancing in the game.

I'm aware that many players do not play STO to meet other people and some players enjoy the fact that STO does not try to get players to interact with each other like other MMO's, but it still means that it is far harder to meet people and interact with them. Some of my fondest memories in MMO's have been bumping into players whilst getting overwealmed by mobs and them saving my life, or meeting high level player in starter zones giving out free gear to help out new players, infact one of the best friends I made online was in EnB when a player came and resurected me after I'd died, these kind of events are impossable in STO due to the way the instancing is handled, thus, they are correct in thier judgement regarding the ability to interact with players in STO, its much closer to a single player online game than a multi-player online game.
omg an honest player!
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post

If space was really space then you could see some upside to the game. zone concentration and small hitch battles make this more rts then mmo for now.

Sry but nope, STO has next to no rts elements in space combat, maybe in gorund combat where you can controll your boffs but that is some very basic stuff.

Size doesn't make a game a RTS or not... by that definition Supreme Commander 2 would not be a RTS at all.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-27-2011, 10:00 AM
A decent review, I actually think it was kind of generous. I also think they timed it a little strangely. They should have conducted the review AFTER the release of Season 4, at the soonest. After Duty Officers would have been even better.

The game has good points, but unfortunately, they're mainly technical. That is, the game looks nice. The actual gameplay is extraordinarily limited, both in scope and quantity.

I'm still hopeful it can be turned around, but I'd have rated STO closer to 4/10.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Single player STO is not. It may not be open zones, but it is multiplayer. My experience with SWG and WoW was different. I leveled up only to find my cousin was on a different server and we could not play together. STO's instancing is what sold me. Along with less traveling and time spent buffing up for every mission. My friends list on STO is longer than it was on SWG. To call STO a single player game is untrue.

This is a STO forum. It should not be a surprise to find posters defending STO here.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-27-2011, 10:27 AM
That re review made no sense at all; perhaps it was a type 0
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
Too many of you jockey for favor with the devs rather than being honest, which hurts the games development.
Lol, what? Lol, again. Really? Please tell, what favor have we won? Oh, that's right, Nagus has that quote "the Nagus is wise"
Seriously, some of us do like the game and the direction it is going. I post here because I am at work, and cannot play right now. But my DroidX has internet.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Too many of you jockey for favor with the devs rather than being honest, which hurts the games development.
how do you know people are not being honest? you have no idea what people think or dont think.

just because they say something that agrees with a dev or sticks up for a dev does not mean they are looking for some kind of favor. they may just happen to agree with them.

stop accusing people of not being honest just because they have a positive outlook on the game.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
Isn't this the same guy who routinely gives EVE Online a 10.0/100 core at every opportunity? Given that, it makes sense since CCP so screwed the pooch on their new Incarna update (that added RMTs at insane prices ($60.00 U.S. for shirts and pants, and $80.00 U.S. for a Monocle PER CHARACTER; and you can loose thes in PvP if Podded) - and have EVE players cancelling subs in droves); the review makes perfect sense as many ppeople dropping EVE are now looking for another space-based MMO; and the last thing he probably wants is to see EVE go down the tubes any faster than CCP is already taking it.
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Stop liking what i don't like.

/thread
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
How very presumptuous of you. You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else who may or may not agree with you. I really enjoy this game, and I give the STO team praise where I feel it's deserved. I also criticize on what I feel is lacking. The game is far from perfect, but it has also improved dramatically since launch.

I have continually found MMORPG.com's 'reviews' lacking. I choose not to frequent their site because of this, and I find their recent re-review to be inaccurate and quite frankly, worthless.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>