Lt. Commander
# 11
06-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
STO needs lightsabers
<censored> you. hehehe

------------

No...I don't think too many...unless they have friends here already.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-27-2011, 09:18 PM
The SW ST rivalry is played up a bit. There are plently of us that like both.

Im a refugee from SWG but i left after the NGE destroyed my guild. SGO was the largest Rebel guild on intrepid 300+ and NGE annihilated us. I think there were a few holdouts but

Ive played WoW, EQ2 a little, Lotro and Conan, since then and when waited for years on perpetual before Jumping into STO as a lifer. I will still take breaks and try other things including SW:TOR but it wont be the same. It might be great but it will still be different. In SWG you could build an entire city place each building and house and have a sense of Home.

I will always miss that. SGO has had a presence in many games but its never been the same.

only 4 of us that i know of have come to STO and only 2 of us stayed.

STO has done nothing but get better so i have never regretted being a lifer. Looking forward to Season 4.

If we someday get more ship interiors that are usable and maybe Fleet bases i think that would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Swg --> Sto?
06-27-2011, 09:32 PM
As an SWG "refugee" myself (having not played for well over 2 years,) I'd say that STO probably already has most all of the former-SWG players it's likely to get.

I don't think the servers closing will drive more than a small percentage to try STO as an alternative, for anyone who has much of an interest has likely tried STO by now after ~15 months live.

Just my 0.02 worth, but I'm betting anyone who hasn't tried STO is holding out for TOR.

Goodbye, SWG, may you RIP. And F*** YOU, Sony, for destroying one of the best MMO's there ever was.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-27-2011, 09:55 PM
If so, this is Star Trek. Those Star Wars folks are gonna be lost in this game without lightsabers or force powers...
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-28-2011, 01:18 AM
Yeah i was becoming a Sony fanboy before they ruined SWG.

As for the force lets see make an alien with melee and telekinsis and give him the nausican sword... Make him tac for melee skills... and make whumm whumm sounds in melee combat while playing starwars music on the player.

Smuggler is easier colored right the merc oufit looks kinda like solo...
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Maybe some refugees will come for the space combat part, but it is clearly very different from Star Wars, so t hey might not stick around. Otherwise,if you want to play a Jedi and stuff like that, TOR seems allright.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
More likely they will move to SW:TOR.
I agree with this. Even if they come to STO, they are likely doing so to check out the only other "mainstream" sci-fi MMO until TOR comes out. If they like STO, they'll stay even when TOR comes out and find time to play both. If not, they'll be gone long before TOR comes out.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord_Set View Post
I hear that Sony are not making SWG a free to play game but they are closing it down completely ..

Will STO gain the refugees of SWG !?

Will SWG's loyal paying members feel betrayed and join STO !?

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony...ayers/index.vm
We might get some, yes, but mixing Star Trek and Star Wars Fans is like mixing oil and water.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
More likely they will move to SW:TOR.
^^^
This - in fact that's probably the main reason Lucas Arts made the deal/decision with SOE to shut SWG down as:

- With a development cost of 150 - 300 mission - (depending on who you believe) they want EVERY sub they can get.

- For all it's faults SWG HAS a working 3D space combat system (and it was in the process of being upgraded/expanded when the announcement hit, but from what I read, they'll still roll out said upgrade. I doubt Lucas Arts and BioWare would want SWG remainingf online and possible have SWToR players ask: "Hey, SWG has a 3D space combat system that works...how come SWToR's 'space combat' is just a 2D railshooter style based minigame that can even be skipped?

Lt. Commander
# 20
06-28-2011, 04:03 PM
will say this, I moved from swg to sto.not sure how many will actually try swtor, there is alot of hatred out there for lucas and swg for shutting down swg.There will probably be quite a number who won't play it cause of what happened to swg.Myself From what videos I have seen of swtor, I have allready determined it is not a game of my playstyle.Sto and eve online at least in my opinion are the best two sci-fi ones left.