Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 249
# 1 Fleet Tor'kaht status
11-08-2013, 09:26 AM
The bridge of a fleet Tor'kaht is my second home when it comes to STO. It is still a good ship, but unfortunately not competetive anymore.

The new cool are aux2battery builts, spamming beam fire at will. Both of my engineers (fed and kdf) are happy bfaw spammers, and they they earn me time and time again the purple grab bag in crystalline catastrophe elite. My Tor'kaht... not anymore.

Even before cruiser commands the balance pendulum swung back to (fed style) cruisers. That's ok, the game is closer to balance then ever before.

As side effect my beloved Tor'kaht got kinda obsolete. The boff layout is not really suited for an aux2battery built, and I would feel really dirty to mount beams on that ship.

My proposal is therefore to change the weapons layout from 4/4 to 5/3. While this measure won't push it to the 20k DPS of beam spammers, it will give it way better single target DPS and create a niche for it's existance.

Oh, and pls give DBB's the same treatment as on the Galor. One single beam from the nose instead of those silly, never-seen-on-screen mid wing emitters.

TL, DR: no need to bother with costs of developing a new ship, just move one weapon slot from stern to bow.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 170
# 2
11-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Death to the Aux2Batt zombies.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,598
# 3
11-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serevn View Post
Death to the Aux2Batt zombies.


Yup, build of the month stuff.

Min/maxing is just so conformist and boring.

Play what you want, how you want.

If it means you do 5% less damage than someone who obsesses over every last bit of DPS, so be it.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,820
# 4
11-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Yup, I agree with the previous posters. Flavor of the season - when something new, exciting and shiny pops out the A2B will mostly be going in the history and the Tor'kaht will still be a mean battlecruiser.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 228
# 5
11-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Aux2batt faw dem builds are old stuff but for some reason it became popular only a few months ago.
For that reason the tor'kaht ALWAYS was an inferior cruiser, but feds were too busy asking for buffs to their poor beam boats

Now they have the avenger which is a super tor'kaht and can use aux2batt (DHCs or beams) effectively.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 249
# 6
11-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Ah I guess that's settled then. KDF players are happy with their old stuff, and see no reason to get competetive toys.
Sorry for proposing a buff that would make the Tor'kaht a better (and maybe even competetive) cannon boat without turning it into another aux2battery zombie.
Ah well, rumors of Klingon intelligence, they are just that, rumors.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,477
# 7
11-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigas7 View Post
Ah I guess that's settled then. KDF players are happy with their old stuff, and see no reason to get competetive toys.
Sorry for proposing a buff that would make the Tor'kaht a better (and maybe even competetive) cannon boat without turning it into another aux2battery zombie.
Ah well, rumors of Klingon intelligence, they are just that, rumors.
Insulting others is not the smartest way to win your argument.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 273
# 8
11-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Insulting others is not the smartest way to win your argument.
2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigas7 View Post
Ah I guess that's settled then. KDF players are happy with their old stuff, and see no reason to get competetive toys.
Sorry for proposing a buff that would make the Tor'kaht a better (and maybe even competetive) cannon boat without turning it into another aux2battery zombie.
Ah well, rumors of Klingon intelligence, they are just that, rumors.
You can set up a very effective Torkie DHC without Aux2Bat (as I have been doing this for nearly 9 months now). There's nothing wrong with the Torkie, and now having an alternative build for Aux2Bat, it is just as viable as any other Cruiser/Battle Cruiser - and I can prove that
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,158
# 9
11-08-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm very happy with my Torkie. I find its layout as competitive as anything else, probably one of the finest ships in the KDF, although a bit outclassed by the Avenger now.

Unfortunately, it costs 4 freaking modules for a single character unlock, another example of the KDF's really BAD access to ships.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,820
# 10
11-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigas7 View Post
Ah I guess that's settled then. KDF players are happy with their old stuff, and see no reason to get competetive toys.
Sorry for proposing a buff that would make the Tor'kaht a better (and maybe even competetive) cannon boat without turning it into another aux2battery zombie.
Ah well, rumors of Klingon intelligence, they are just that, rumors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Insulting others is not the smartest way to win your argument.
^^^ macronius is spot on.

Also if you were so bright yourself, you would understand by now that you have a better chance of getting a flying magical broomstick from Cryptic then a 5/3 layout for the Tor'kaht, especially now when Geko made it clear that the next mystical KDF ship, whenever it comes, it will have the 5/3 layout.

Pardon all of us for being realistic and not living in fairyland.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 PM.