Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Is there....
06-28-2011, 06:17 PM
A race similar to cows in ST? I mean seriously, we have cat's, where's the cows?


MOOOO!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-28-2011, 06:24 PM
There's Grazerites, who are goat-like.

The one from the shows (the Fed president early on DS9) was bald. But they supposedly have horns (the President's were covered in a turban), cow fur patterns, and goat hooves. I would really like to see them brought up in production quality for STO.

I'd play one. They're weird, exotic, too ugly to fit into the "cute furry" stereotype and fit into that pacifist-you-don't-mess-with territory nicely like certain MMO cow people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-28-2011, 06:24 PM
You can make a Tauren DeathKnight but that is only for the KDF and it doesn't have an avatar, yet. Cryptic doesn't have enough resources at the moment to finish it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-28-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UL7F1K7fng

Come to think of it, have you ever seen anybody eat a cheeseburger in the mess hall? I couldn't live in a world without cheeseburgers. Seriously, didn't they have cows in "Up the Long Ladder?"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UL7F1K7fng

Come to think of it, have you ever seen anybody eat a cheeseburger in the mess hall? I couldn't live in a world without cheeseburgers. Seriously, didn't they have cows in "Up the Long Ladder?"
I'm starting to think all the crew were vegetarians. how often did you even see them eat meat? lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
I'm starting to think all the crew were vegetarians. how often did you even see them eat meat? lol
Well if I remember right everything they eat is basically reclamated waste anyways? I believe the replicators take from a generic stock of "matter" which is made into food... and of course it can reconvert stuff back into that generic matter.....So...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
I'm starting to think all the crew were vegetarians. how often did you even see them eat meat? lol
Meat was mentioned many times as favorite meals in the series. I include meat to be "Cajan cooking" that uses sausage, Fish dinners, etc.

See "MEAT" at mem alpha for references.

Plus in a world so great we don't raise animals for food, but plants are ok, we are on our way HERE.

I'd really hate to think this thread was more related to the Dolphin thread than just cat races in ST. Otherwise, aside from being in the wrong section, why not ask "are their any platypus races?".

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilder View Post
Well if I remember right everything they eat is basically reclamated waste anyways? I believe the replicators take from a generic stock of "matter" which is made into food... and of course it can reconvert stuff back into that generic matter.....So...
Ignores all Voyager references to restocking food supplies and the personal chief that they had. They had rations and TOS had replicated food, but even Riker tried to cook real food (eggs), it just seems silly to assume the practice was abandoned by the federation.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Meat was mentioned many times as favorite meals in the series. I include meat to be "Cajan cooking" that uses sausage, Fish dinners, etc.

See "MEAT" at mem alpha for references.

Plus in a world so great we don't raise animals for food, but plants are ok, we are on our way HERE.

I'd really hate to think this thread was more related to the Dolphin thread than just cat races in ST. Otherwise, aside from being in the wrong section, why not ask "are their any platypus races?".
Dolphin thread? Wrong section of the forums? Where was I supposed to put this? There isn't a suggestion forum

I asked about cows, because I think the Tauren in WoW are kinda neat, and kinda thought an ST equivalant would be kinda cool.


Edit: your avatar scares me. Just thought I should tell you :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
I'm starting to think all the crew were vegetarians. how often did you even see them eat meat? lol
Grandma taught me never to judge a species by their eating habits. - Commander Tucker
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Dolphin thread? Wrong section of the forums? Where was I supposed to put this? There isn't a suggestion forum

I asked about cows, because I think the Tauren in WoW are kinda neat, and kinda thought an ST equivalant would be kinda cool.


Edit: your avatar scares me. Just thought I should tell you :p
Ok, I misread your post, I wouldn't mind a Bovine Tac officer, I truly love bringing..

"Udder Destruction!" To my foes.


Edit: "Meow"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:59 PM.