We're here to gather the questions for the next Ask Cryptic for the month of July!
Please do keep in mind that we can only talk about Star Trek Online game related questions. We know you'd like to hear more about Atari's offers for the sale of Cryptic Studios, but that's not something we can cover here. Once we have information regarding that, we'll be sure to share it.
In the meantime: You've had a chance to check out Season 4 and I am sure you're burning with questions! Let's have them here.
When can the KDF expect to see a T5 K'Tinga retrofit? It was first mentioned it was coming back when we were told about the Vor'cha and B'rel T5 ships but has since seemed to vanish, its probably the most requested ship from the KDF side of the game ( and also probably the most iconic KDF ship in Trek) and would make a very welcome addition to the T5 roster of ships we currently have available.
1: Any word on the Vesta? It was "in development" and now its completely gone from the (public) schedule. Also, are the Ambassador and Andorian ship still in development or are they shelved? Also - Canon Constellation class planned? Or a New Orleans Escort for commanders or captains to fill the gap?
1a: Why is the next Tactical variant another Defiant? We already have a high-level one. Why not the Akira? (Its the same rough age as Sovereign, Defiant, Intrepid)
1b: How many of the "new ship variants are all levels" are new skins as opposed to more parts/variants for existing designs? Is the plan to finish off canon-ships or make more "swappable" parts (or both)?
2: Hair Tech - What happened? The Catpeople need their hair, since they paid extra for the race. And the Klingon hair is... appalling.
3: What are the concrete plans for selling BOFF races on the C-Store Vs. Having them available ingame. We recently heard that the 1st 2 premium BO races would no longer be available in game. Why?
4: Is the plan still to focus the content team mostly on Featured Series, so that they come often and steadily when they resume?
5: With lots of things being "pushed" down the schedule, can you give us an idea of the major things you think you'll get to before the end of 2011?
6. Any further plans for more UI work on shooter mode? Like a key to toggle on the mouse while pressed down (without remapping everything else) so you can click a quick button or power) SWG did this when they redid their aiming mode, and it works well in games like The Witcher and Hellgate London.
1) Can we please get a dynamic Shield Regeneration and Shield Damange Reduction stat display added to the UI (more info)?
2) Can we please get an account-wide unlockable ship and BO slots option in the C-Store?
3) I saw additional Bank Space on the Engineering Report, have you an ETA for that?
4) Will you also be adding an "Account Bank" for sharing items between toons on the same Account?
5) Direct X 11 is going to be in Season 4 (Thanks!). Can you give us some technical revelations on what specific features from DX11 that STO is/will be using?
6) Will you please add some organization to the costume list UI, at the very least let us keep it alphabetized? Then we can control the order by renaming the costumes.
7) Also, can you add a scroll bar to the Change Costume menu? Once you reach about 40 costumes you can no longer see your whole list (Yes, I have that many slots in use, and I'm not the only one. You're welcome. ).
When will we see the "new hair tech" that was mentioned a while back? It seems to have all but disappeared from the radar.
What happened to sitting in chairs? We have it on the captain's chair and the ready room chair, but everything else still requires the awkward emotes.
It was mentioned that with the release of the new TOS interior that we would see updates to the old interiors. Is this something we will see? What about more accurate interiors for bridges like the Galaxy, Intrepid, or Sovereign? Can we expect to see bridges for the other ship classes that are in-game? How will this affect previous C-Store bridges?
First City is absolutely amazing! It's so detailed and gritty that it actually feels like a "place" in the vague vastness of STO. Are there any plans to revisit the other social zones (ESD, Risa, Andora, etc) and give them the same epic treatment?