Lt. Commander
I am developing a miniseries of what I expect to be about 10 episodes. The series as a whole is titled "The Ghosts of War".

Part I of the series, "Dust To Dust", will be out by this weekend. I've more or less finished it already and will be polishing it up a bit before publishing. It's a fairly short and straightforward mission, but it sets the stage for the rest of the series.

Part II will be titled "Extraordinary Rendition". I'm still in the process of writing up the treatment and outline of this mission, but I already have a good idea of how it will unfold. It will be a good deal longer and more complex than "Dust To Dust", as I take you deeper and deeper into an audacious plot against the Federation.

In the big picture of the grand story arc as a whole, I do have an endgame in mind, and a general idea of how I will arrive at said endgame; it's just a matter of fleshing things out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-89471 View Post
I am developing a miniseries of what I expect to be about 10 episodes. The series as a whole is titled "The Ghosts of War".

Part I of the series, "Dust To Dust", will be out by this weekend. I've more or less finished it already and will be polishing it up a bit before publishing. It's a fairly short and straightforward mission, but it sets the stage for the rest of the series.

Part II will be titled "Extraordinary Rendition". I'm still in the process of writing up the treatment and outline of this mission, but I already have a good idea of how it will unfold. It will be a good deal longer and more complex than "Dust To Dust", as I take you deeper and deeper into an audacious plot against the Federation.

In the big picture of the grand story arc as a whole, I do have an endgame in mind, and a general idea of how I will arrive at said endgame; it's just a matter of fleshing things out.
Keep in mind at the moment we only have 8 mission slots. You may want to combine a couple if you plan
on 10. Just in case you didn't know.

Duke-of-Rock
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Rock View Post
Keep in mind at the moment we only have 8 mission slots. You may want to combine a couple if you plan
on 10. Just in case you didn't know.

Duke-of-Rock
OK, thanks for the heads-up. 10 parts was just a ballpark figure, as things are still pretty fluid for the middle of the saga at this point anyway. I can probably get it down to eight pretty easily.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-02-2011, 07:54 AM
The Ghosts of War, Part I: "Dust To Dust" is now officially LIVE!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-89471 View Post
The Ghosts of War, Part I: "Dust To Dust" is now officially LIVE!
Correction... it was my intent for it to be live, and the Foundry said it published successfully, but I never could find it in the Community Authored list, and apparently others have had this problem too. One reason why they took the Holodeck server down, perhaps?

Anyway, at least the wait has not been in vain. I have been using the Foundry down time to map out the rest of the Ghosts of War saga. I have even come up with titles for the remaining episodes. So, here's where the saga presently stands:
  • Part I: "Dust To Dust" (finished, but will retest and tweak some more after the Foundry is back up)
  • Part II: "Extraordinary Rendition" (very early stages of Foundry development)
  • Part III: "Blood Betrayal" (story in development offline)
  • Part IV: "Desecration" (story in development offline)
  • Part V: "Chasing Shadows" (story in development offline)
  • Parts VI, VII and VIII also have titles, but the titles themselves are kind of spoiler-y so I will not post them yet. Their stories, too, are in development offline.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Actually it wouldn't show up in the Community Authored list until it had received 5 reviews.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCaptain
Actually it wouldn't show up in the Community Authored list until it had received 5 reviews.
Well then, how in the world would anyone be able to review it if they didn't even know it was there, and couldn't gain access to it? Sounds like a Catch-22 deal.