Lt. Commander
# 21
06-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
i thought he was more V'ger
He is, although he's been an advocate of Hortas as well. However, it's been Zinc that's wanted Hortas in the game since the beginning, so I'm wondering if this is a 'Welcome back, Craig!' thing.

(I'm also glad that they're account-wide unlocks, and not character. If they were per-character, I was probably going to wait for a sale on them before I bought them. I do hope that they will be an option to craft them in the future, simply because I want to see more items become craftable, lol.)
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
Whats the point? There is a shared cool down. You can always use one at a time
The point is that one character might be set up to use the crystal horta, while another might be set up to use the acid horta better. So instead of spending a total of 480 for both, you can buy a pack with both for an 80 point discount, and then use which ever is best for your character at that moment.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-30-2011, 11:37 AM
will there be a way to craft the new hortas?
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Dear gods MORE c-store stuff, rename this game C-Store Online, just make the game FTP allready ......
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Okay even I've raised an eyebrow at this one.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-30-2011, 11:57 AM
there are now 3 varieties of combat hortas in game to zero Targs, Mastiffs, Sehlats etc...etc.. you know the ones that actually make sense
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-30-2011, 11:57 AM
and another week goes by where i get to KEEP my money for myself, thank you very much!
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-30-2011, 12:15 PM
ESD is gonna end up looking like a petting zoo. It pretty much looks like that now anyway.

It would make much more sense to take a BOFF into a social zone than an animal.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
Whats the point? There is a shared cool down. You can always use one at a time
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can you not put them on your BOs? In which case the shared CD wouldn't apply... (I haven't purchased/tried them yet, so I can't say for sure, but this is how I'd expect a Device to function.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
and another week goes by where i get to KEEP my money for myself, thank you very much!
I feel the same way...

But I suppose some people like them, and yay, Happy Week for them.

Me? I'm like "Meh."

Maybe the next time there's a C-Store sale, that includes these gems, I'll pony up and buy 'em just to make the Collector Side of me happy. It is nice they unlock for all characters. Then again, I suppose it would depend how worthwhile they are... The in-game "crafting" Horta was a big disappointment, and last I saw doesn't even really work so well... So I dunno. Maybe not.

How well do these Horta work? I mean forgive/forget the RP/"Human" Rights issues with making a "Combat Pet" (now cleverly renamed as an "Combat Ally") out of a "peaceful" sentient, but from the gaming perspective, are these "Devices" worth having? Or are they mostly just cosmetic toys?

Will someone please list their stats?
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
The Hora's are cool. It's just extra flare you can add to the game, like costumes and such.. No one is making you buy them... I'll be rocking my "Bling Bling" Horta's when i get home just because it's neat.

That's the thing, it's not just extra flare. I can already see these being required by some player teams that will run the new Elite versions of the STF missions when they come out. I can already see it....

*Player 5 joins the team*

Player 5: Hey guys, thanks for inviting me! Really been looking forward to running one of these STF's on elite!
Team Leader: NP, glad to have you! Which Horta do you have?
Player 5: Hor-what?
Team Leader: Which Horta did you buy from the C-Store?
Player 5: Oh, none. I don't support that C-Store garbage, it just adds items that break the immersion of a game that's supposed to be Starfleet taking place in the year 2409.

Player 2: .......
Player 3: ............
Player 4: ..................
Team Leader: ...............

Player 5: Yeah, so are you guys ready to get this started?
Team Leader: Sorry friend, although not required to do this, it's a whole lot easier when you have 5 Horta's running around aggroing and soaking up some damage. Plus that extra little DPS you can squeeze out of them really adds up when there's 5 of them running next to the 5 of us.
Player 5: Are you serious? That store isn't supposed to even have items that effect gameplay! Not to mention how many episodes/movies do you remember where the Away Teams called freaking Horta's in to help them aggro the Borg?!?!?!?!?!
Team Leader: LOL, you believed them when they said the C-Store would be cosmetic only? LMAO

*Player 5 was kicked from the Team*

Team Leader: LF 1 more for Elite Special Task Force! Please don't be a noob and waste the ESTF's time by not having a Tank Horta pet. K THX!

So yeah, while my little scenario is a bit extreme and done to be a bit comical, it's also not to unlikely to happen in some cases where the harder STF's are concerned. It's like in CoX where groups would run out and grab Shivan pets before doing the harder TF's. Except in this case you can't go run out in game and grab a Tank Horta, you would have to buy them from the store.