Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
So...
it has been a while since the big news that Cryptic was sold by Atari and bought by Perfect World.

Yet i still see Atari Support, Atari Tokens, Atari Community Rules and Atari Logos everywhere...

hmm...
do we have any info... a timetable... a *rough date* when the transition from Atari to Perfect World will show up in STO?

I feel like i have been patient enough, i'd like some answers what will happen with the product that i payed for, now please.

If there is some "we are not allowed to talk about it yet"-NDA,
at least tell us when that NDA will be lifted,
or is there an NDA for that too?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-30-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't think they actually purchased Cryptic yet, only an agreement was reached. Still, nothing major is going to happen to the game as soon as Perfect World officially owns Cryptic. The only thing we will see is the name changes from Atari to Perfect World. Other than that, it will be the same.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Selling a company generally takes months. When GM sold Nexteer, there were several months of negotiation before the announcement, four months of process afterwards, and then some union stuff after that.

The sale was announced a month ago, pending unspecified closing conditions at a future date. Those closing conditions are most likely what's going on right now. We don't know the conditions, nobody that does is allowed to tell us, so we're kind of on our hands for a while here.

A fun thing about NDAs, a lot of them cover the NDA itself so that you can't even say what it is you're not allowed to say. Sometimes you can't even say you're under an NDA, you can just say, "We're not able to comment at this time," or some such dodgery. Based on what has been said, I'm guessing this is the extent of the NDA around the Cryptic sale.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
So...
it has been a while since the big news that Cryptic was sold by Atari and bought by Perfect World.

Yet i still see Atari Support, Atari Tokens, Atari Community Rules and Atari Logos everywhere...

hmm...
do we have any info... a timetable... a *rough date* when the transition from Atari to Perfect World will show up in STO?

I feel like i have been patient enough, i'd like some answers what will happen with the product that i payed for, now please.

all the thing you listed about atari (support, tokens...) are probibly part of the reason it's taking a while

but anyway it's always gonna take time to work everything out, just wait everything will probibly be exactly the same after the real change of owner any way, you'll just see PW instead of atari
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-30-2011, 12:16 PM
I wonder if they will keep the same forum/mods or switch over to thier own.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
So...

hmm...

Keep an eye on the Federation News Network Forum, when we get any news on Perfect World it'll go in there
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-30-2011, 12:34 PM
i guess the ninja move of the thread to ten forward is all the response i am going to get...

ok fine... message received
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Lexeme, one of the devs over on Champions, mentioned they're caught up somewhere in the middle at the moment, as way of explaining a buggy patch.

However, as that comment was subsequently deleted; I figure it may be 'distasteful' to quote it, and to regard it as a dev being human rather than any formal statement.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
So...

hmm...

Unless you're a big shareholder in Cryptic, Atari, or PWI, or they shutdown STO - they don't have top tell us a thing until they're ready or willing to do so. (And yes, I'm just as curious as you are.)
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
I wonder if they will keep the same forum/mods or switch over to thier own.
God I hope not...
Closed Thread