Lt. Commander
# 11
07-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass_Star
Much to my dismay, TOS only has Seasons 2 and 3.
Really? I watched several S1 episodes last night,including Arena and Balance of Terror. Maybe they weren't up when you checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
It will be in October. Might have something to do with DS9 having a different Executive Producer.
I don't see how. Berman was Executive Producer for most of TNG thru Enterprise. Pillar was executive producer for parts of DS9 and VOY. So unless Ira Steven Behr (co-exec for DS9) has had some objection, I don't see an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-03-2011, 04:56 PM
give netflix a few months and ds9 will be on instant watch
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpickles View Post
give netflix a few months and ds9 will be on instant watch
Voyager and Enterprise appears not to be working on the Boxee Box or PS3. Anyone else experiencing that?

I've seen some talk that DS9 is getting remastered and that is why it is not appearing until October.
It's just gossip but it would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Called Netflix this afternoon, and yes they know there is a problem with Xbox and PS3s playing the instant watch for Voyager and Enterprise. They are working on it, but remember this is a 3 day weekend for most companies in the states.

They also told me that DS9 will be on Netflix instant watch in October.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-04-2011, 04:59 AM
I had trouble with Voyager and Enterprise on my iPad. I was able to watch TNG without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
I don't see how. Berman was Executive Producer for most of TNG thru Enterprise. Pillar was executive producer for parts of DS9 and VOY. So unless Ira Steven Behr (co-exec for DS9) has had some objection, I don't see an issue.
I think it was because of Steven Behr. Not that he objected to it being on Netflix, but it could be the way DS9 was set up originally. Even on cable, DS9 is the one least likely to be syndicated. That tells me Steven Behr has a slightly different arraignment with CBS than does Berman.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-04-2011, 05:54 AM
I've been getting the first couple of seasons of DS9 through the mail and didn't even realize that the other shows were on instant queue. That's kind of exciting news! I'm really glad I stumbled across this thread, lol.

As for playing things instantly over my PS3, I've not yet been able to get it to work reliably. It's constantly playing a few seconds and then freezing to buffer up more. But I can watch them just fine on my PC.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-04-2011, 07:43 AM
I wonder when Netflix will add TAS to their instant queue...
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
As for playing things instantly over my PS3, I've not yet been able to get it to work reliably. It's constantly playing a few seconds and then freezing to buffer up more. But I can watch them just fine on my PC.
Thats strange. I use my PS3 (& 360) for Netflix all the time. They both work wonderfully, though I much prefer the 360's Netflix UI. How old is your PS3, and how is it connected to the net? Direct to modem? Router? Cat5 or Wireless?
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
1 City On the Edge OF Forever
2 Space Seed
3 The Doomsday Machine
4 The Ultimate Computer
5 Mirror Mirror

Some more peronal picks to watch...
Balance Of Terror belongs on that list. Classic sub-hunt type of battle, except in space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I had trouble with Voyager and Enterprise on my iPad. I was able to watch TNG without any issues.
You obviously didnt use enough technobable when trying to watch them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
You obviously didnt use enough technobable when trying to watch them.
I might as well have when telling my wife about the problem.

I watch an Enterprise three-parter yesterday. It was the one stat started with the bombing of Earth's embassy on Vulcan. Admiral Leyton, err, I mean Vulcan administrator V'Las tries to commit genocide and begin war with the Andorians. He engages in very "Romulan" behavior ...