Lt. Commander
I have gone over the mission a few times, and have afew thoughts. Please post any other ideas.

First, I would like to see the mission remastered with voice overs and cut scenes. The primary area of Qaris' station should be a single instance along the lines of Drozana, where players can buy/sell items, recieve mail, change ships, and play dabo (or tonga when it is added). Extra rooms could be added to expand the station to accomidate the newer features.

Rather than jump around the map, I would like to take a turbolift from the main area down to the cargo level, then run the gauntlet to get to the cargo bay at the end of the halls. Since this was done for "What Lies Beneath", it should be easy to do for this mission. To make this mission playable for the KDF, they would be trying to recapture Marta from Starfleet Intelligence/Section 31, and the cargo bay was where she was hiding out.

Finally, the angry bar patrons should be an eclectic group of races to include Romulans, Nausigaans, Orions, Cardassians, and other Federation races. The Federation races should count towards either the Federation or Terran Empire kill accolades(Gein counted for Terran kill despite being a hologram). The KDF could still do the inspection, but the inseption should be tailored to what they would be looking for (contraband, tribbles, Romulan millitary, etc).
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Reusing the map to make a social zone is a very good idea to me. I'd also enjoy seeing the same for that Federation starbase in the Celes star system too.

A "Set Phasers to Stun" mechanic like shown in the FE Everything Old Is New Again for the bar fight would go a long way in appeasing the discontent Fed players over the issue of apparently massacring civilian bar patrons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
Reusing the map to make a social zone is a very good idea to me. I'd also enjoy seeing the same for that Federation starbase in the Celes star system too.

A "Set Phasers to Stun" mechanic like shown in the FE Everything Old Is New Again for the bar fight would go a long way in appeasing the discontent Fed players over the issue of apparently massacring civilian bar patrons.
Agreed. Starbase 113 in the Celes system should also be a social zone, especially since only enviormental interaction occurs on the station.

While I like the Stun mechanic, I was looking for more opporunities to earn counts for the kill accolades. I will also point out, that when a person attacks you with DEADLY FORCE, you have every right to defend yourself with EQUAL force. Civilians who take up arms and fight in the middle of a war zone are UNLAWFUL COMBATANTS (I.E. war criminals), and are legal targets. Picking up a weapon and discharging it is what causes them to loose their protected status. The Geneva and Hauge Conventions are very clear on this issue. The way I see it, if the bar patrons attack the character (and they are Romulans, Cardassians, Remans, etc.) they have given me another opportunity to earn an accolade.

P.S. Please do not cause this thread to close by going on a tangent on the merits and issues of what consitutes a war crime. My primary intent is looking on improving the exerience of playing a particular mission.