Lt. Commander
# 1 Free Points for the Fourth!
07-01-2011, 10:28 AM
This July 4th weekend, we're offering players a 20% bonus on all purchases of Atari Token Bundles. Buy any bundle and receive 20% extra Cryptic Points to spend in the C-Store! Atari Tokens can be purchased here. Offer ends July 5, 10 AM (PDT).

Edit: This promotion started this morning at 10 AM Pacific and will end on Tuesday at 10 AM.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Very interesting change to the usual offers. Glad to see some new ideas.

Stock up now and wait until individual items go on sale for a double-discount?
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Well, that's an interesting twist to usual C-Store sale.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I like it, and will certainly be taking advantage of it. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
I like it, and will certainly be taking advantage of it. Thank you.
Agreed... was thinking haven't ever seen one of these yet... so definitely going to take advantage of this
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Kind of disappointed you decide to announce this today and not yesterday. I guess a bit of a stretch for Canada was just a bit too much to expect from Atari. I bought some tokens to give away early yesterday. No actual sale though means I don't really need anything else from the C-Store then.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Atari trying to get an extra dime before the sale is finalized. Interesting strategy.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Very interesting change to the usual offers. Glad to see some new ideas.

Stock up now and wait until individual items go on sale for a double-discount?
Yeah, that would be awesome if we could double dip the deal.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Kind of disappointed you decide to announce this today and not yesterday. I guess a bit of a stretch for Canada was just a bit too much to expect from Atari. I bought some tokens to give away early yesterday. No actual sale though means I don't really need anything else from the C-Store then.
It's always going to be a day late for someone. But I'll agree that making this available for Canada Day would have been a nice touch too.

In either case, I might have to partake. Just wish we knew for sure what the fate of Atari Tokens will be when the purchase is finalized.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Atari trying to get an extra dime before the sale is finalized. Interesting strategy.
Yea I totally agree on that note.. Can't stand atari, the only reason i purchased this game was because of cryptic, I played CoH for over 2 years and loved their work then champs for a year "which was admittiedly" a time passer til STO came... every atari game I stumbled upon which they made was dire crap and not "worth peeing on if it was on fire"

So it's upto everyone to decide wether they want to fund atari's last bid to make a buck before the sign over comes, cuz once that happens I see every "CRYPTIC" Point going to them and the R&D into the game the new company will be making millions off new subscribers and content bought.

I for one am not buying more points til the newb investors have this under the belt!

CRYPTIC & STO FTW!