Lt. Commander
# 11
07-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
It's always going to be a day late for someone. But I'll agree that making this available for Canada Day would have been a nice touch too.

In either case, I might have to partake. Just wish we knew for sure what the fate of Atari Tokens will be when the purchase is finalized.
They are still atari "FUNDS" until the new peeps take over so ur putting money in their pocket not cryptic's1
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarky1981
They are still atari "FUNDS" until the new peeps take over so ur putting money in their pocket not cryptic's1
Uh.... you know the funds go into cryptic's pocket right? Corporate earnings are a little bit more complicated than "Parent company gets all" :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Not sure "Free" is the best word for this promotion. Maybe "Bonus" or "Extra" would be more appropriate because after all, without buying something I don't get anything...

It's a slightly misleading (albeit good marketing strategy) turn of phrase to me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Bonus points or not, there is nothing I want left.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Kewl yeah i bought the budget yesterday too but its all good.. I forget to check the calendar for news.

I dont see the S4 listing for the 8th.. But this 4th Bonus is nice. Tnx Los Gatos.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Uh.... you know the funds go into cryptic's pocket right? Corporate earnings are a little bit more complicated than "Parent company gets all" :p
Exactly. It's C-Store purchases - whether purchased through Atari Points or whatever is available in the future - that fund more C-Store items and various other improvements in the game.

My only concern is what will happen to points during the transition, but it may just mean that I have to spend remaining Atari Points before the transition, which is fine by me
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I have two questions I'd like to have answered, and so would a lot of other players.

1. What happens to our Atari Tokens when Atari is no longer part of the equation? Can we convert them into Cryptic points or whatever the microcurrency will be? Will we continue to use Atari for microtranactions even when they officially no longer own Cryptic?

I for one will not buy Atari Tokens that I have no immediate plan to use until this bit is clarified.

2. Does Cryptic see a significant revenue stream from C-Store purchases that flows back into funding development of STO? We don't really mind funding Cryptic and STO, but some players really don't want to fund Atari doing non-Cryptic stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Is this offer live already or do we need to wait until the 4th? I didn't see it sell 600 points for the price of 500. How can we visually see that the offer is live?
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
Is this offer live already or do we need to wait until the 4th? I didn't see it sell 600 points for the price of 500. How can we visually see that the offer is live?
TY, I was confused about this as well. It tells us when the offer ends but not when it starts
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
I agree, I would hate to plop the cash down , just to find out it isn't live as of yet.