Lt. Commander
# 21
07-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Now, if we only knew what´s coming up for the c-store....
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Funny, i bought 500 AP like 2 or 3 hours ago... so I missed the offer...

Is there any posibility that you announce this kind of events EARLIER?

I think that maybe 2 or 3 days will be enough, but really, i always buy 500 AP every first day of the month and i would have waitied some more hours if i knew about this...
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I have two questions I'd like to have answered, and so would a lot of other players.

1. What happens to our Atari Tokens when Atari is no longer part of the equation? Can we convert them into Cryptic points or whatever the microcurrency will be? Will we continue to use Atari for microtranactions even when they officially no longer own Cryptic?
My best guess after everything's said and done, Atari Tokens will be turned into Cryptic Tokens (or PW's token thingy whatever it's called). Not to mention the full takeover is probably 6-12 months away anyways.

Now I am wondering if the sale is actually activated yet or will it activate Saturday for some bizzare weekend (since that's technically the start of the 4th of july weekend for most hehe), as I'm not seeing any discount when going to the link provided.

Used my paypal account went up to where i'm asked to log into it still shows 6.25 so no discount.

I am however kinda bummed I can't buy atari token virtual cards on sale
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-01-2011, 11:19 AM
i would assume its active now...since its broadcast on the STO launcher
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Looks to me like it is only valid on the 4th.
It also looks suspiciously like an attempt to get a little more money out of the players for Atari before the money flow stops for them. Even if it's shared profits with Cryptic.
I too would like to know what happens to our Atari Tokens with the finalized sale.
Do we buy a game feature here or an Atari service? That is the big question.
I doubt however anybody at Cryptic is free at liberty volunteer any information about the company sale's specifics.
So feel free to gamble... I pass on this. paying a buck more for them next time won't kill me.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Since I just got my first Klingun to LG today, I'll prubably buy another 5'000 tokens to this special price on my purrthday (and the American's purrthday as well), the 4th of Jules.

By the way, any additions to the release calendar in Jules? There's only the Horta which is already out. So ... what about a tentative Season 4 hint for the 14th of Jules?
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Looks to me like it is only valid on the 4th.
It also looks suspiciously like an attempt to get a little more money out of the players for Atari before the money flow stops for them. Even if it's shared profits with Cryptic.
I too would like to know what happens to our Atari Tokens with the finalized sale.
Do we buy a game feature here or an Atari service? That is the big question.
I doubt however anybody at Cryptic is free at liberty volunteer any information about the company sale's specifics.
So feel free to gamble... I pass on this. paying a buck more for them next time won't kill me.
It says the weekend of the 4th July and that it ends on the 5th July, it does sound like it should have started already.

Can someone rich please buy some tokens to confirm that the sale is on ?
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
It says the weekend of the 4th July and that it ends on the 5th July, it does sound like it should have started already.

Can someone rich please buy some tokens to confirm that the sale is on ?
Well, I may not be rich (although, I'm guessing my forum avatar is pretty wealthy, lol), but I tried it out, and the sale is on as of this moment. I bought the 1000 AT for $12.50, and I did end up receiving 1200 AT (although, the interface looks normal; you don't find out you get the extra AT until after you've purchased them).

So, yep, the sale's a runnin', folks!

edit: Just checked the conframation e-mail, and it says the same message (basically, doesn't show you got the extra 20% either). However, I know it's working, because I had 1991 points before, and now I have 3191, when I should have 2991 without the sale.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-01-2011, 11:43 AM
so...?

-> points at that old thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=213220

first Atari tokens get 20% more expensive for Germany (not counting the extra 19% MwSt) and now i am supposed to be happy that they are back at their correct pricetag ...for one day?

*blank stare*

...nope, not getting angry about this again...
just pointing out that i remember what you guys did there and that i am 20% less inclined to buy from the C-Store since then.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-01-2011, 11:44 AM
These c-store discounts seem to come with little notice, and I'm really not sure they are planned at all. I suspect they are controlled by the 'bean counters' who doubtless look at the sales of points bundles and actual purchases on a daily basis.

I've personally bought things myself only days before a sale on those same items. I've just made up my mind to be thankful if I benefit from a sale, and if I don't, then I know I probably will when the next sale surfaces, and now I will probably end up buying one of the new Hortas that I was making fun of yesterday! :p