Lt. Commander
# 1 Atari Tokens
07-01-2011, 10:42 AM
From the page itself:

Stored with a player’s Atari account, and never expire.

Guess that's the only answer we are going to get.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Apologies, but answer to what question?

I wouldn't want my tokens to expire after I bought them. Like money in my bank account, I'd rather it didn't just expire until I spent it on something :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahless2001 View Post
Apologies, but answer to what question?

I wouldn't want my tokens to expire after I bought them. Like money in my bank account, I'd rather it didn't just expire until I spent it on something :p
The question is....what will happen to our Atari Tokens once the Cryptic/PW deal is finalized? I only use the Tokens for STO,if I can't use the Tokens for STO anymore, they are worthless to me.That's money down the drain.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I believe the point of the topic is that these points "Stay with your Atari account and never expire." However Cryptic is no longer owned by Atari and will soon be transferring over to Perfect World, and the OP, like I, and most others, want to know what is going to happen to our "Atari Points". Will we keep them, will they no longer be usable with STO, will they depreciate in value, will we simply be credited with new points? We want to know, but nobody is giving answers. Most likely due to the issues of the sale not being finalized.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-01-2011, 10:55 AM
exactly what i thought when i saw it on the main page lol. Atari points ... right, and when STO breaks with Atari you'll get boned. Dont think ill bother
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Sorry. Yes, the concern is what will happen with our tokens after the split.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-01-2011, 10:58 AM
An important issue, yes. But no one will/can answer that right now. I guess it will be quite some time before things are finalized and we receive some information.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-01-2011, 11:09 AM
this is annoying. if atari were still in charge id be happy to buy a big bulk of them and get loads free (see front page promo) but the switch over could happen at any time, and while i guess there is a chance that they could convert our points to be used going forward, i highly doubt it.

this is where lack of information really causes problems.

i dont even know whats coming in the store over the next month yet to know whether its worth buying many.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
An important issue, yes. But no one will/can answer that right now. I guess it will be quite some time before things are finalized and we receive some information.
Yeah I understand that. I know Cryptic has their hands tied right now. I think it's just frustrating, as consumers, not knowing what's going to happen with our money. It would be a nice time for Atari, as a company, to ease consumer worries. Sadly, I don't see this happening.

What I fear is Atari making off and leaving Cryptic's customers shafted, with Cryptic stuck cleaning up the mess. Here's hoping I am wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm going to take the leap of faith and buy some AT at the 20% discount. Worst case they say your points are not usable for STO after date X. If that is the case I'll just spend the points on Toon slots and bridge packs or what ever.

Best case is the points carry over when PW takes over and you can stack this deal with one of the 50% deals down the line.