Lt. Commander
# 11
07-01-2011, 11:21 AM
what will probably happen is that any points purchased through the STO site, which is trackable by atari, will simply transmute Atari tokens back to Cryptic Coin, or what ever Perfect World will call it at a 1:1 ratio.

Atari can track what points are purchased through STO and which aren't (IE. purchased in their other IPs), Ultimately the points are stored in Cryptic's database, when you purchase the money goes to Cryptic and then Cryptic in turn pays Atari, so when the split officially occurs, Atari will just delete the number of points from your Atari accounts (if you even have one), and Cryptic will keep your points where they are in relation to STO.

If you play just STO, then there is no problem since the points are kept in track by Cryptic to begin with. it will be just a name change.

If you actually have an Atari account that you play other games with then, probably will get some deal with Atari.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post
Atari can track what points are purchased through STO and which aren't
sorry but that is nonsense.
you can buy Atari Tokens on any Atari page, it is your choice where you want to spend them.

I did buy Atari Tokens through the STO Homepage and bought DLC Cars in TDU2.
I bought Tokens on the TDU2 page and ended up buying Ships in STO.

It doesn't mean squat where you bought the ATARI Tokens, all that matters is that you bought them in the ATARI System, and that is where they will stay.

If Cryptic is fair they may mirror those points for free to not loose face in front of their customers,
but i bet that ATARI is greedy enough to use exactly my reasoning why they don't give Cryptic / PW the attached $.

back when the change from C-Points to Atari Tokens was made they told us that nothing would change, we would just get more options to spend our money...

lets see if that will backfire now, eh?

personally, i have nothing to buy on the C-Store right now, i have just got 400 free tokens from a referral, that i don't know how to spend...
i don't know what the next items will be, i don't know whats going on with the Perfect World deal.

and to top it off the $ to conversion rate on Atari Tokens is way to high for Germany anyway, but thats another topic.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Not nonsense. It has already been stated that they know exactly where you buy your tokens, what you spend them on and so on. It's all logged. It's how the CO atari tokens that you get for being a gold member can only be used in CO :p

I think what AgentExeider said makes the most sense. If you purchased points from STO/CO they'll revert to Cryptic Points since it was bought from them. Anything else will stay Atari Tokens.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-01-2011, 01:09 PM
I think that if they just kept everything in Cryptic Points, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. However, it was moved over to the Atari system, and now we just don't know what's gonna happen. Personally, I doubt that we'd get the shaft once the transfer to PW is finalized, but that's just me trying to be optimistic.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-01-2011, 01:11 PM
The bonus says you are receiving 20% bonus in Cryptic points not Atari tokens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
This July 4th weekend, we're offering players a 20% bonus on all purchases of Atari Token Bundles. Buy any bundle and receive 20% extra Cryptic Points to spend in the C-Store! Atari Tokens can be purchased here. Offer ends July 5, 10 AM (PDT).

Edit: This promotion started this morning at 10 AM Pacific and will end on Tuesday at 10 AM.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
that could be a slip of the tongue, so to speak. the line before says atari token bundles.

either that or the 20% free can only be used on crytic games and not other atari products?
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I agree it's anoying when we don't know; but, until they announce the effect of the sale on Cryptic games, and what the playerbase can expect be it:

- You can use Atari tokens for Cryptic games until date XX/XX/XX - after which, they convert to Atari tokens only.

OR

- Any Atari Tokens remaingh after date XX/XX/XX purchased through the STO/CO game portals will become Cryptic/PWI point and only be usable for Crytc/PWI games from that point forward.

OR

- Atari Tokens REMAIN Atari tokens and can continue to be used for Cryptic/PWI/Atari games going forward.

(And before you say the last one is impossible, remember, Atari is one of the IP holders to NeverWinter, so even after the PWI transaction is complete Cryptic will maintain a relationship with Atari and they could broker a deal where a percentage of Atari Tohen sales still go to Atari as part of the IP licensing agreement for NeverWinter, etc; or as some part of the sale deal between PWI and Atari. Atari isn't completeely dumping Cryptic because they don't see value in the company or what Cryptic has done; they're leveraging Cryp[tic as a valuable asset to improve their (ie Atari's) bottom line.)

But again, until we hear something publically about the final conclusion of the sale and what has been agreed to, we don't know for certain how Atari Tokens will be handled after PWI owns Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Its also possible AP points stop being valid for STO after a certain date but PW honors the points in your account and gives you PW Points to make up for it.

In that case you keep the points in both systems. Its actually the best case scenario and actually quite possible.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
as revo said, this is most likely an accident.

Quote:
Its also possible AP points stop being valid for STO after a certain date but PW honors the points in your account and gives you PW Points to make up for it.

In that case you keep the points in both systems. Its actually the best case scenario and actually quite possible.
no it isn't. no company is going to screw themselves out of that kind of money to 'match' the point values each player has. and if the points stopped being valid for STO after a certain date and players were not told of this well in advance, atari would end up in a very bad situation with thousands of players screaming for a refund
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
as revo said, this is most likely an accident.
If it is an accident, then it's one they made repeatedly. They use the term Cryptic Points in the entry on the homepage, as well as the sales page which lists the C-store merchandise, and on the launcher.