Lt. Commander
# 1 Digital Deluxe sale on Steam
07-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Steam is sending us all to a hot Summer Camp with a cooling 33% off on the Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition! Check out the massive bundle they have packed to make this summer more fun.</P>

Link to the News Posting
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-01-2011, 01:53 PM
A nice offer for new players.

I already have most of the bonus stuff and Im not going to ruin my veteran count with 30 free days of playtime.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Does this mean there won't be a further daily discount in the Summer Sale?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up, but I already bought the Steam DDE version during the 75% off sale a few weeks back. I bought a friend a copy then, too. Don't have anybody else that would be interested in it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Already bought the emotes with some spare Atari Points a while back, but what's anyone's impression on the Automated Defense Battery? Seems like it would be worthwhile for destroying heavy torpedoes, but does it perform well in that regard?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
Already bought the emotes with some spare Atari Points a while back, but what's anyone's impression on the Automated Defense Battery? Seems like it would be worthwhile for destroying heavy torpedoes, but does it perform well in that regard?
The automated defense battery is awesome. All of my toons have them (even those at level cap). It's great for taking down mines, torps, and fighters.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-01-2011, 02:22 PM
That is a compelling argument then, along with the extra costumes and the ship prefix. The extra time might mess up my Vet Reward timer, but that might be the price I pay for some cool items.

One note to Cryptic: you should probably update the "Just Updated" section of the game's description; it's still advertising features for Season Two. I'd jump ahead and updated it for Season Four if I were you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
The automated defense battery is awesome. All of my toons have them (even those at level cap). It's great for taking down mines, torps, and fighters.
My main Fed and main Klingon each have two, all my others have one. And before you ask how I have two on the same character, when the game first lunched there wasn't a limit on how many you could claim
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-01-2011, 02:52 PM
agreed on the ADB. I was doing the Hobus mission the other night and that lil puppy was awesome for keeping the heavy torp spam off of me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Completely concur but gotta say this isn't a good sale compared to the 50% sale they had a couple months ago...it's just the best one currently running. At $10 might be better to just wait for the C-Store if you already have most of these items, or keep watching for a sale in the single digits.