Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm not normally one to take heresay all that seriously; but, I've heard this from three different people now in-game, and it's starting to make me wonder. I know the skils menu does not show it as a contributing skill; but, since I'm already on the fence weapon-wise, I figured it made sense to just ask the forums straight up:

Do disruptor skills affect To'Duj damage? What about Photon Torpedo skills?

I'm expecting no as an answer, but... like I said, best to be sure.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-16-2011, 01:27 PM
So, no one knows if this is true or not? >.>; Or am I just being incredibly dense today and it's obviously a no? (I'm in no way discounting the second one, I have a massive headache.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel
So, no one knows if this is true or not? >.>;
Easy way to find out!

I log my Fed toon, we open a private PvP Map - you launch your figthers (don't forget to activate combat log) and let them hammer into my shields....

Re-Skill (if you have enough tokens) and we do the same again.

Fair Enough
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Hrm... this is a good point actually, and I do have tokens available. Seems like a good plan to me! <^_^> When in doubt... SCIENCE!

Character name is Tuang Li; just let me know when is a good time for you. (It doesn't have to be immediately or anything, whenever is convenient.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Or you could do it on tribble, where you can get free respec tokens
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Yah, I thought of that yesterday after I'd already used a respec token live >_< Thankfully I have 5 more; but I'm going to do the rest of my testing on Tribble.

Right now I'm having a hard time deciding an appropriate sample size to make a comparison. Yesterday I ran about 870 seconds worth of tests (according to the combat parser) - or about 15 minutes of combat. Then tried to compare that with the altered skills for the same length... but I don't think it worked so well because the opponents were always changing.

So my solution on Tribble is going to be to either find a Test map where you can choose what spawns, or create one and just re-fight the same enemy over and over to build up enough data.

Early tests were pretty inconclusive... on the one hand at first I was looking at a good 25% jump in DPS... but that was starting to trend downward quickly as I tested more; and then I realized I'd need more data to make the comparison valid. Sadly the char copy tool is currently down. >< which is hacking me off.

Also - if Disruptors DO have an affect, I'm going to also test for Torpedoes skill as well; since it's only logical that if one applies, both might.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-17-2011, 10:37 AM
I agree iti s hard to test but I came to the conclusion last winter that nothing made any changes to the fighter. Now, we have had many patches since but in neither or those patches did it say that any skill changes would make any change to carrier fighting (other than aux)
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Does that include the skills listed when you bring down say... Port To'Duj fighter to see what it highlights? I've been skeptical of that too >.< but because I don't have a lot of better places to put points* an it helped out some of my other powers anyway I put points into them.

I'm still going to test when I can get to tribble, just to be absolutely sure. >.>b

*I've got a super-defensive carrier build, so my sci and engineering powers have a lot of skill overlap.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Why not simply open your skill window and log in the hangar ? YouŽll see what affects your pets. :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-17-2011, 12:07 PM
I've done that; the thing is, there's a rumor that it's not accurate and that disruptor skill affects To'Duj disruptor damage even though it's not listed as affecting the pets. Hence the thread.

I suspect the reason for the rumor is that since To'Duj count as your own damage for all intents and purposes, you could almost consider them an extension of your own weapons.

Thus - testing!