Lt. Commander
# 11
07-02-2011, 09:01 PM
It seems pretty bad.. but, in all honesty, this is a *cheap* cash shop.. I've seen a cash store where you could drop that much on just a single character because none of their items are account wide..

Again, not defending the C-store, but its one of the *much* more reasonable stores I've seen.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Its really a rip-off, They charge for subs and then use a C-store to charge you for stuff that should be in the game anyway...... People are against expansion packs..... yet an expansion pack could double the size of the game and the content...... plus all the fluff and more from the c-store for about $40.........

Expansion packs are good for the customer....... C-Store is good for Cryptic/shareholders....

Any customer that says no to an expansion is a little bit thick.

Cryptic have the brains here, they can see your being ripped off..... and they can see your happy to be ripped off!
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Peer pressure: DO IT!!!!!

One man's rip-off is another man's bargain. If it'll improve your gaming experience, then buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
1. Buy tokens on sale.

2. Wait for C-Store sale to spend tokens.

3. ...

4. Profit

sheeeesh... that was easy....NEXT!
For Cryptic... You still spend money on them

Or is it for Atari?

One of the things I really wonder about the Perfect World acquisition - when will they change that aspect? How will the handle the transition?
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSDelphin
Its really a rip-off, They charge for subs and then use a C-store to charge you for stuff that should be in the game anyway...... People are against expansion packs..... yet an expansion pack could double the size of the game and the content...... plus all the fluff and more from the c-store for about $40.........

Expansion packs are good for the customer....... C-Store is good for Cryptic/shareholders....

Cryptic have the brains here, they can see your being ripped off..... and they can see your happy to be ripped off!
But cstore stuff is stuff some people want as fluff

content(missions etc) we are getting already...wihtout paying extra.
A paid for expansion means everyone has to stump up the cash.

Cstore means those who want the fluffy things stump up not the entire STO population.

If we had two alternate realities
1: Sto as it is (trickle feeding content throught a year)
2: Sto with expansions(we would see no new missions or content at all for a year then get it lumoed into one paid expansion)

I know which I prefer
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
But cstore stuff is stuff some people want as fluff

content(missions etc) we are getting already...wihtout paying extra.
A paid for expansion means everyone has to stump up the cash.

Cstore means those who want the fluffy things stump up not the entire STO population.

If we had two alternate realities
1: Sto as it is (trickle feeding content throught a year)
2: Sto with expansions(we would see no new missions or content at all for a year then get it lumoed into one paid expansion)

I know which I prefer
While you are correct, I want the fluff too, I dont want to pay a huge ammount extra for it.... I would not mind if everything was earnable in the game....... but its not, you can grind for the ships but if you want the uniforms, BO's and everything else you have to buy it.

I dont mind paying for extra uniform/ship slots.... I dont mind waiting a little longer for content if I know its going to be top quality content that arrives.... With the trickling of official content.... its good but it gives you 1 mission a week... an expansion could contain several FE's all at once, new zones..... even complete new factions (Romulan) with all of their faction content....... you cant trickle a faction in to the game.. look at KDF... It could also contain new STF's, FA's, PvP maps and games.......

So C-Store and spend a lot of money on not a lot of stuff...... and have trickled content...
Or
Expansion with heaps of official content including the sort of stuff you see in the C-Store.... but about 20 times the ammount of things that are already in there ....... for $40.....

I know which I prefer :p

I guess we will have to agree to dissagree.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
While you are correct, I want the fluff too, I dont want to pay a huge ammount extra for it.... I would not mind if everything was earnable in the game....... but its not, you can grind for the ships but if you want the uniforms, BO's and everything else you have to buy it.

I dont mind paying for extra uniform/ship slots.... I dont mind waiting a little longer for content if I know its going to be top quality content that arrives.... With the trickling of official content.... its good but it gives you 1 mission a week... an expansion could contain several FE's all at once, new zones..... even complete new factions (Romulan) with all of their faction content....... you cant trickle a faction in to the game.. look at KDF... It could also contain new STF's, FA's, PvP maps and games.......

So C-Store and spend a lot of money on not a lot of stuff...... and have trickled content...
Or
Expansion with heaps of official content including the sort of stuff you see in the C-Store.... but about 20 times the ammount of things that are already in there ....... for $40.....

I know which I prefer :p

I guess we will have to agree to dissagree.
Well Sir we can not as your choices are entirely different to the ones i used.

Your case appears to assume an expansion would contain alot more content..in fact 20 times the amount of content.
Which is currently not possible unless the sub was raised by 20 times..or the expansion was 20 times more expensive.
Content costs and that cost has to be met somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post

the Aenar and Caitian BOffs are going to be rewards in the DOff System (soon).
and i will NEVER buy any slots or Boff Tokens (Aenar / Caitian) that i can only use on ONE char anyway.

Account wide or GTFO of my wallet!
Nope :/ Heretic confirmed that the Aenar and Catian will stay exclusive in the C-Store for some Time. (But you can buy them cheap at the exchange)
And AMEN to your last sentence.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:

lol, i didnt expect to see this from a fellow lifer, any way how much of the c-store is costumes and bridges, anything good was a pre-order item originaly that they wanted to open up access to or is avalible in game
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
There probably are some crazies out there who have bought everything cstore has to offer...

But while I like some of the cstore stuff...i hate some of it....some of it i dont need.

If you do like everysingle piece of fluff in there..go for it!

I have maybe bought all the things i wanted from cstore..which is about 20% of it

I cant stand the AGT costume/section 31 costume..i sure as hell dont want to fly a ship for 1 entire tier before its useless. But thats just me
Pretty much the same here. Sure, I've bought...too much actually....but I'm not going to buy everything.