Quote:
Originally Posted by Father-C
I say we spawn a "support platform" that can:

Run sensor scan on a timer.
You know, that's a really good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Thank you Azurian for the feedback. I know someone could find some good in what i was trying to say.

From this point do we need the "support platform" to do anything else? What else should it do to define its roll? Or is this "good enough"? And if its not what else will be acceptable?

Thanks for your time.
Stay safe!
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-07-2011, 11:45 PM
As a Gorn Engineer I fly the Varranus. I wanted a Gorn ship for my toon. I am still looking for useful builds for this ship. I would like a SFB weapon loadout, but might be impractical. Seeing as the Gorn use a mix of phaser beams, cannons and plasma torpedoes.

I did the Infected STF in this ship, with all those probes, spheres etc.. being destroyed. Any repair platforms and drones were destroyed in the resulting explosions. I was not able to figure out how much healing these drones do exactly.

It would be great if the platforms tooltip actually showed you any useful information. Other than these skills improve it, it spawns a lvl 51 drone. Or even clicking on the drone and looking at the information screen, and seeing some information on its abilities. These special abilities should have detailed information, so players are informed on their ships capabilities and if they should fly these vessels.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I am going to be looking at this ship in a lot more detail in the next few weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I am going to be looking at this ship in a lot more detail in the next few weeks.
just make them NON TARGETABLE, so its just a passive hull repair boost, and have them only last for 30 seconds or something.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Thank you Heretic for taking the time to look into this. The Varanus is the only pure Sci ship on the KDF side. As a KDF player it can get kind of overwhelming facing off against 5 different types of Fed Sci ships and be expected to counter them in PvP. That's what I as a KDF player thought the platform was about. A hedge against the mulitplatforms that the Fed could through at us. A little something to even up our roll.

At this point i think we all just want it to do what it was meant to do..Fleet Support.

Thanks for your time!
Stay safe!
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-10-2011, 04:07 AM
Actually it would be nice if we could chose what type of plattform to spawn. a gun turret? a support that lobs out hazard emmiter heals? a sensor scramble turret? a gravity well projector?

WHY NOT?!

you could make a platform for most powers and have them deploy those powers at the equivalent of a half decently specced player.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Wow that's kind of an inspired take on the power / ship claydermunch. Kind of a mixed idea of a Sci / Engineer ship. Something like that would make a Gorn "smile" at the vexed look on a Fereration captin.

Hrmm...Varanus = (DSSV + Engineer / Fabrication ship).... 0_o

Sheesh this opens up a lot of ideas!

1. Support Platform. (ship healing + area scan / debuff)

2. Guard Tower Platform ( small Fighter patroll + light disrupter turrent) Fighters only patroll around the platform.

3. Reserch Platform ( 5 KM ship slow Field (Not a tractor beam!) Fires Tachyon beam( shield damage) and Tyken's Rift. ( or a new power Isometric Storm) (light damage / -ACC / - dmage resist)

I could go on and on but ill stop there. Anyone else on this idea? Likes? Dislikes?

Good post claydermunch! Realy good food for thought.

Thanks for your time!
Stay safe all!
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-11-2011, 09:32 PM
This is an excellent idea, i like it!
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-11-2011, 10:27 PM
we don't really need to invent w whole slew of new things.

Just go about this with method:

Does a fighter platform make sense? no. since fighters do no good but in swarms. it would be a wasted effort. so that gets an automatic zero points.

A weapon platform is, if the damage is properly scaled to actually be an asset in pvp, a decent thing. A gun turret with scatter shot? A FAW beam platform? a HY3 Torpedo turret? A Tric torpedo turret? So many sweet options.... +1 point in usefulness

A science platform with chosen science powers.(and it defends itself with autocast of jam sensors 1 ? ) Transfer shields? Hazard emitters? Tykens rift generator? gravity well projector? Sensor scramble device? Sensor scan device as was already said some posts above? so many fun options... +1 point in usefulness

An Engineering support platform? Lobbing aux to structure heals.... A Platform that creates a huge cloud of plasma..... an platform that gives DEM buffs to allied ships? a platform that extends shields? *drool* +1 points in awesome.

Of course all of this requires the platform to get a bit of a hp buff, and shields.