Lt. Commander
# 1 You know what sucks?.....
06-29-2011, 07:32 AM
You know what sucks?....

... Having to adjust my buttons on the hot bar, and re-assigning bridge officers every time I switch a ship. It would be very nice if the hot bars, and bridge officer assignments were saved for each individual ship, so that way when we switch ships, we don't have to spend the next 5 minutes setting everything back up. It's a real pain if we just want to jump into a shuttle or another ship just for a few minutes, knowing that we have to set everything back the way we like it on the UI. Something like this should have been fixed long ago, come on Cryptic fix the little things like this, THEN design the new stuff for the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk1984 View Post
You know what sucks?....
Yes.
- Threads with Titles that doesnt say anything about the actually TOPIC the threat is about.
- Threads with Topics that are discussed in 1000 other threads....

Joking aside, of course you are right. Id even go that far that I'd want to be able to save diffrent hotbars on the same ship.

I mean the game ecourages to switch bos for diffrent situations (it even adviced to do so as quick-tip in the loaing screens), but every time I do that I have to rearrange the hotbar for 10 minutes.
IMO one of the major flaws in the game, and prety easy to fix..
Lt. Commander
# 3 Sorry about that.
06-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Yes.
- Threads with Titles that doesn't say anything about the actually TOPIC the threat is about.
- Threads with Topics that are discussed in 1000 other threads....
I am sorry about the title, I always have a hard time trying to think of a good one that will catch the readers eye, so I thought that if I was a little creative on this one it would get some responses. Make readers say 'Ok, what's this guy complaining about?'

And I kind of figured that this might have been brought up before in the forums, but was unable to actually do a forum search because the search option doesn't appear to be working. Guess Cryptic is to busy making the Horta Variants that will be in the C-store soon to worry about fixing the forum search function.

Sorry if I'm complaining, and don't get me wrong, Cryptic has done some great stuff with STO. The Foundry is great, the changes coming to the ground combat is freaking' awesome, and the addition of Directx 11 capabilities puts the graphics to the game over the top! But I feel that if Cryptic would spend a little more time fixing the little things like this, and the other things that I have mentioned in the other threads, I think that would go a long way to making the game more enjoyable.

And like you said FirstAngelus, it wouldn't take that long to do.

Another option, if Cryptic doesn't want to take the time to fix the little stuff, open the UI up for modding, let us fix the little things.

Thanks for letting me blow a little steam.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Eh, nothing wrong with blowing off some constructive steam. People, and Companies need to breath and realize, "eh, it happens" thing is, when folks start craziness for the sake of stiring the pot.

your just voicing your frustrations over a issue that should be fixed a while ago.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk1984 View Post
I am sorry about the title, I always have a hard time trying to think of a good one that will catch the readers eye, so I thought that if I was a little creative on this one it would get some responses. Make readers say 'Ok, what's this guy complaining about?'

And I kind of figured that this might have been brought up before in the forums, but was unable to actually do a forum search because the search option doesn't appear to be working. Guess Cryptic is to busy making the Horta Variants that will be in the C-store soon to worry about fixing the forum search function.

Sorry if I'm complaining, and don't get me wrong, Cryptic has done some great stuff with STO. The Foundry is great, the changes coming to the ground combat is freaking' awesome, and the addition of Directx 11 capabilities puts the graphics to the game over the top! But I feel that if Cryptic would spend a little more time fixing the little things like this, and the other things that I have mentioned in the other threads, I think that would go a long way to making the game more enjoyable.

And like you said FirstAngelus, it wouldn't take that long to do.

Another option, if Cryptic doesn't want to take the time to fix the little stuff, open the UI up for modding, let us fix the little things.

Thanks for letting me blow a little steam.
As I said I didnt mean it that serious....

But basicly that is an issue I dont get about Cryptic: They do nice new missions, a great ground revamp ect..

But some MAJOR and BASIC issues simply are ignored, like the Hotbar wich simply sucks or that awfull skill tree. That are the realy basics that do not work and should get attention before anything else. Especially new shiny fed-uniforms...
Lt. Commander
And the R&D window, that's another thing that could be improved upon, would be nice if it could be filtered so that it just shows what we can make. Right now it's so cluttered with all the things we can't make that it's a pain to look for the those that we can make.

And speaking of skill tree, the 'Highlight Contributions To:' pull down is so messed up, got all kinds of things listed in there that are useless, and cluttering up the list. For example 'Call Trade Freighter', why is that listed in the pull down? And I have 'Punch' listed 4 times, and 'Riffle Butt' listed 7 times! I think once would be enough.

Unfortunately I can't threaten not to pay the $15/month until these things are fixed, because I'm a lifetime member, but I can boycott the C-store!
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-29-2011, 03:50 PM
^.... oh and I forgot; since it was mentionet just today: The Mission log with its 1000 "I never want to play" missions between wich its almost impossible to find the missions you want to play.

Those BOs that always ask you "leave system" just to tell you "youz cant leave system during combat, idiot" if you accept.

And well... theres a lot---
Lt. Commander
# 8 That's funny! LOL
06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
^.... oh and I forgot; since it was mentioned just today: The Mission log with its 1000 "I never want to play" missions between which its almost impossible to find the missions you want to play.

Those BOs that always ask you "leave system" just to tell you "youz cant leave system during combat, idiot" if you accept.

And well... theres a lot---
OMG, that's funny.

Hopefully this thread will catch the DEV's eye, and make them think that it's time to fix some of this stuff.

Now there is always the possibility that some of this stuff is getting fixed in the new Season 4, just that they haven't posted it yet, I remember reading in one of the posts that there are a lot of things they are working on that just haven't been mentioned yet. I have been playing a lot on Tribble checking out some of the changes coming, and so far all of the things that we have mentioned here haven't been changed. So going to keep fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Less C-Store more bug fixes and game content PLEASE.

I dont/wont change ships or into a shuttle because its really anyoing, who designed that system sheesh!

Id like season5 to be bug fixes and content, more missions, fixed STF's, more ship parts etc , mind you season3 was a joke, it was to be a bugfix season and we got more bugs than ever or ones (Kerrat) that have been here since launch and still little content (unless you include C-Store, now thats huge!)
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
Less C-Store more bug fixes and game content PLEASE.

Agreed. I still don't see the justification of having micro-transactions in a subscription based game.