Lt. Commander
# 1 Cadet uniforms in C-store?!
07-02-2011, 11:05 AM
I've never been a big complainer about the C-store, it's really not the worst thing ever. Usually when there's a way to get something in-game if it's a ship i'm definitely happy. But the Cadet uniforms, really?

We're going to have a new tutorial that starts you off at Starfleet Academy, and we're not going to start with the uniform automatically? You have to pay for it?

What sort of message does this send to new players? What about to old players? I feel really aggravated about this. Do you want people when they start the game, after paying for both a subscription and for the game, would want to pay for a uniform?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah I agree with this guy. I would of made the cadet uniforms free.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
I've never been a big complainer about the C-store, it's really not the worst thing ever. Usually when there's a way to get something in-game if it's a ship i'm definitely happy. But the Cadet uniforms, really?

We're going to have a new tutorial that starts you off at Starfleet Academy, and we're not going to start with the uniform automatically? You have to pay for it?

What sort of message does this send to new players? What about to old players? I feel really aggravated about this. Do you want people when they start the game, after paying for both a subscription and for the game, would want to pay for a uniform?
Wow that seems really stupid I assumed we would start with them...
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-02-2011, 11:18 AM
I agree, its not a massive deal but considering they are making a starfleet acadamy, having the option to start in a cadet uniform for free makes sense.

I say change it to a free option. I dont think that will wreck cryptic's business plan to have one uniform free, when it makes sense to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-02-2011, 11:27 AM
I'd rather start with a duty uniform rather then a cadet one, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-02-2011, 11:41 AM
I think SF:A won't be out with the release of S4 but be released later, so they still might give you the uniform when it does come out. But maybe they're putting it on the C-store for those who want it now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
I think SF:A won't be out with the release of S4 but be released later, so they still might give you the uniform when it does come out. But maybe they're putting it on the C-store for those who want it now.
maybe but i doubt it, besides that would just make people feel ripped off and would make the costume worthless after the release of the academy. they would then have to take it off the store, and they have yet to do that on any item.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Or you get a Cryptic design uniform to start with and the canon variants are from the c-store? That would fit the current pattern.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Yeah, although I fully expected this, it is fairly ridiculous. Would have made perfect sense to have this as the default uniform for any new Federation character, particularly when the new Academy tutorials are put in place.

Oh well, not suprised in the least.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Putting Cadet uniforms into the store is upsetting ? Not really, given that all canon uniforms (you know the ones from the shows and movies, that are loosely related to STO) are already there.